Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default They knew but did nothing.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/the...e#contentSwap1 Looks like Condi's first prioity was to babysit Dubya rather than protect the country. And some are asking her to run for high office?

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Gee, more information suggesting the extermination of the middle east.

The 911 attacks did not bring America to its knees as stated at the end of the article.

<===== One of the very few ways to catch HIV...

Quote Originally Posted by q1a2z3
    Gee, more information suggesting the extermination of the middle east.

The 911 attacks did not bring America to its knees as stated at the end of the article.

<===== One of the very few ways to catch HIV...
    I think to some extent the US has been brought to its knees. People are now willing to give up basic freedoms in the name of national security. people did not question goverment policy when it started it's first preemptive war in Iraq. Nor have there been a great outcry about the US violating the Geneva War Conventions.

I do remember that the Bush administration was pushing restarting the "star wars" missle defense system pre 9-11. I remember when I first heard about it, thinking that it was just something to steer big money to their favorite companies.

Also pre 9-11, the Bush Administration was already looking at attacking Iraq. It was public confirmed from at least two differnt sources. Bill Clinton had sent rockets to camps in Afghanistan to try and kill Bin Laden. Yet Republicans said he did nothing. It was them who did nothing.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

well said yodajazz, thank you. i visited the Lincoln Museum in Illinois recently and on display in the library were posters from the two world wars. several depicted American soldiers with bags over their heads being lead away for questioning. Written across the images were warnings about loose lips and careless talk endangering our troops. it's sad to think today we're the ones putting bags over people's heads and leading them off for "enhanced" interrogation.

q1a2z3 quips
    Gee, more information...
    not everything you read is information.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

The liberal bag is over America's head today. The one that feels like sand. The one that prevents "leaders" from killing the enemy. The Geneva Convention only applies to "soldiers" of a "country" we have declared war on. We are at war with islam, now if stupid george could figure it out and nuke them.

Too bad trish can't figure out how the real world works. The enemy really torture our guys, while we only waterboard their guys. Or make them do acrobatics naked - abu grab.

Professional Poster

Too bad trish can't figure out how the real world works.
    Stop projecting your failures onto others.

Why don't you join up and do your part? Too fat? Too old? I know, too stupid right?

Alright Then.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The enemy really torture our guys, while we only waterboard their guys.
    Manadel al-Jamadi was tortured to death during a CIA interrogation utilizing enhanced techniques.

Look I know how the world works. I know the world is unfair. People are taken advantage of, people are enslaved and yes, people are tortured.

Just because obscene and despicable behaviors exist, doesn't mean we have to share in that moral depravity. It's widely known among intelligence circles that "information" drawn from enhanced techniques is highly unreliable and often deliberately misdirecting. We are dealing with fanatics you know. They blow themselves up at the behest of their Mullah. What makes you think they're going to betray their cause under torture? Just because you would squeal and rat out your compatriots under threat of torture doesn't mean that others would. If you think torture is a reliable way of obtaining information, you don't know how the world works.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

The liberal bag is over America's head today. The one that feels like sand. The one that prevents "leaders" from killing the enemy. The Geneva Convention only applies to "soldiers" of a "country" we have declared war on. We are at war with islam, now if stupid george could figure it out and nuke them.

Too bad trish can't figure out how the real world works. The enemy really torture our guys, while we only waterboard their guys. Or make them do acrobatics naked - abu grab.
    Wasn't it Winston Churchill that said "Jaw, jaw is better than war, war". Seems to me that those who experience the futility and horrors of war are the greatest advocates against future wars. "Nuke the bastards" is the cry of the weak-minded. Are you afraid to engage in dialogue and try to understand other inhabiting this tiny planet?

Of the one billion Muslims in the world it is estimated that 10% are radical. We are not at war with Islam. What ever you may call it, is a mental concept in the mind of man. Believe it or not nuclear weapons are not the most efficient way of changing mental concepts. Simply put, communication is the best way to change mental concepts.

But there are people who wish for America to be at war with Islam. The best known advocate of this position is Osama Bin Laden. So q1a2z3, you have been hoodwinked into advocating his dream of how the world should be. So as far as your mental outlook, I am sure that he would have two words to say: Mission Accomplished!

In fact if you look at this 2 minute video, at about 1 minute you will see a popular transgender talk show host in Pakistan, advocating understanding between and celebrating life. It is dialogue like this that goes directly to addressing the mental concepts that are at the root of conflict. But you and Osama see this person as someone we want to 'nuke'. Sad, really.

P.S. I should have also quoted tstv_lover's post right above this we are saying the exact same thing in different words.

Great points TSTV_Lover

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!