Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

So are you basically saying that while it's arguable that the older more established religions may very well be just as bad as Scientology [in my opinion potentially much worse, look at the impetus behind things as horrific as the Spanish Inquisition (Catholicism), the Salem massacre (Puritan Christianity and repressed sexuality) and 9/11 (Islam)] they're OK because there's the shred of hope that the ideology backing them is true?

I disagree with that on any and every level possible and if there were such a God that allows these things or by inaction allows these things, I'd rather burn in Hell for an eternity than spend a day with him/her/it and his/her/its followers.

Who's to say that the 'faith' that Scientologists feel isn't just as real as the 'faith' that the Christians who killed their own, or the 9/11 attackers had? I can't, no one can, short of whatever Higher Power may exist.

Scientology isn't dangerous, it's stupid, it has the potential to be dangerous but it isn't there yet.

Off topic shouldn't this thread get moved to the Religion and Politics section of the message board or is that place too niche and subterranean (as internet sites go) and in moving it there the debate will be killed?

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    So are you basically saying that while it's arguable that the older more established religions may very well be just as bad as Scientology [in my opinion potentially much worse, look at the impetus behind things as horrific as the Spanish Inquisition (Catholicism), the Salem massacre (Puritan Christianity and repressed sexuality) and 9/11 (Islam)] they're OK because there's the shred of hope that the ideology backing them is true?

I disagree with that on any and every level possible and if there were such a God that allows these things or by inaction allows these things, I'd rather burn in Hell for an eternity than spend a day with him/her/it and his/her/its followers.

Who's to say that the 'faith' that Scientologists feel isn't just as real as the 'faith' that the Christians who killed their own, or the 9/11 attackers had? I can't, no one can, short of whatever Higher Power may exist.

Scientology isn't dangerous, it's stupid, it has the potential to be dangerous but it isn't there yet.

Off topic shouldn't this thread get moved to the Religion and Politics section of the message board or is that place too niche and subterranean (as internet sites go) and in moving it there the debate will be killed?
    No what I am saying is that we KNOW Scientology is made up crap. They are very dangerous and if you dont think they are I suggest you do some research (Clambake is heavily anti them so it can be unreliable but can give ideas where to look elsewhere).

Most religions have significant skeletons in their closets but it doesn't negate they themselves MAY be valid and past misdeeds may be the acts of human beings alone rather than the ideoligies behind the religion itself.

I can see you dont support the organised religions which is fine but they are out of scope when talking about Scientology which is more a mind controlling cult crossed with a confidence scam than any faith/ superstition.

Professional Poster

how can you say somthing is crap without even
    looking into it for yourself?

You say''we know''
    do even know anything about LRH? or being an OT7?

I keep an open mind that's why I'm even on this message board

guys at work think gays/trannys should be shot
    be do I agree NO!

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!!!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bat1
    how can you say somthing is crap without even
    looking into it for yourself?

You say''we know''
    do even know anything about LRH? or being an OT7?

I keep an open mind that's why I'm even on this message board

guys at work think gays/trannys should be shot
    be do I agree NO!

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!!!
    What does that have to do with scientology, airhead? BTW, scientologists give up their freedom when they sign on to that cult. They are stupid, gullible fools. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to how I feel about those who would defend such idiocy.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

It's too bad not a single person in the media has had the balls to call any single Scientologist on this faux "overprescription" argument they pretend to believe in...
    Actually Matt Lauer called Tom Cruise(the closeted xenu zombie) on the issue on the 'Today' show. Little tommy got so upset that he almost wet his panties.

Professional Poster

how do I give my freedom by reading an LRH book?

or taking a course at the church?

you know nothing!

your putting people down for there beliefs?

your the loser!

Platinum Poster

Please allow me to reiterate, you gullible schmuck. The only people who don't understand that scientology is a monumental scam that PT Barnum would have envied are credulous and exploitable fools like yourself.

Professional Poster

So your telling me that the 400,000 members
    and the 300 or so famous people of the church
    are all wrong and gullible?

WOW! dude I feel sorry for you

you don't know what is real and what ain't

LMAO @ this. I always thought the Church of Scientology was just the international chapter of ARC. Anyway, all hail Xenu, dictator of the Galactic Confederacy. Shame on you guys for thinking that he never existed.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster

So your telling me that the 400,000 members
    and the 300 or so famous people of the church
    are all wrong and gullible?
    Yes, that's what I'm telling you, simpleton. Obviously you are so awed by the fact that some of them are "famous" that you think that gives the cult some sort of validity. You think because they are "famous" that means that they aren't as stupid as the other members of the idiotic cult, or it's idiotic apologists like yourself.
    Wrong again, zippy. You are apparently every bit as vacuous and credulous as those "famous" people whose approval you so obviously crave. What a putz you are.