Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bat1
    Quote Originally Posted by JelenaCD
    i have read 'Dianetics' and 'Scientology , the fundementals of though' and they are useful info , i would not join the cult yet the books are good reads
    my advise , save your $ , read the books and don't join the cult !
    I agree, I read LRH but don't really want to spend the big bucks
    at the church for auditing
    LMFAO...the only thing more ridiculous than a scientologist is a wannabe scientologist.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Belief is NOT evidence, it's as simple as that.
    Well said Trish. Anything (scientology, other religions, communism, etc) that requires you to suspend questioning and follow dogma is incredibly dangerous and should be avoided.

Platinum Poster

'Anonymous' Kid Outed by Scientologists Gets House Call

Recently, Radar reported on Scientology's short-lived attempt to beat its Guy Fawkes mask-clad antagonists "Anonymous" at their own game: scary YouTube videos. A clip posted by a Sciento associate under the name "AnonymousFacts" displayed the names and personal information of several supposed Anonymous members and accused the group of violent threats and terrorism. YouTube quickly took the video down and suspended AnonymousFacts. But the hassle for at least one of the three men shown didn't end there.

A little more than a week ago, Jonathan (he asked his last name not be repeated again), who'd joined a Facebook group called "I Support Anonymous" and attended their protests, answered a knock at the door of his parents' L.A.-area home, where he lives while attending community college. A mustachioed man in a suit and claiming to be from the law firm of Latham and Watkins was holding a "file" and asked to speak to Jonathan's parents by name, he recently told Radar. He told the mystery man his parents weren't available and offered to take the package for them. "No," the man said. "I can't legally give this to you." Jonathan shrugged and told him to come back later. That's when things got weird.

continued here-

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...tube-video.php

Platinum Poster

Scientology Sets Sights on African Expansion

In our April Scientology cover story, we noted that the recent increase in Internet-based attacks on Scientology has led Church elders to up recruitment efforts in "communities less likely to have Web access," such as Central America and predominately black neighborhoods like Harlem. Judging by the Church's recent acquisition of a 64,000-square-foot castle in Johannesburg, you can now officially add South Africa to the list.

Kyalami Castle, as it is called, is situated on 22-acre parcel of land just outside Jo-berg city limits; before it became the epicenter of the Church's efforts to expand its quasi-religious reach over the Dark Continent, it was a hotel-cum-banquet hall. It marks the 66th building the Church has purchased internationally in the past five years—as good an indication as any that most Americans have finally decided that parting ways with tens of thousands of dollars for some dubious shot at spiritual enlightenment probably isn't the most efficient use of money.

"For all African Scientologists, this is a dream finally come true," a Church official said of the purchase. "It means a lot for the future expansion of the Church in Africa." Talk about your White Man's Burden

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-expansion.php