Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Do you live in the city or the country?

Here's a poll that may have been done before but it's time for an update because I'm curious.

How many of us here live in cities vs living in rural areas?

State if you are a girl or guy and country or city center or suburb and if you like it or not.

Me, t-girl.

Core city - San Diego. I live near Mission Bay 5 minutes from downtown. That's what I love about the city. I can see the fireworks at Sea World and still get downtown without traffic anytime. I can be at the beach in 5 minutes, La Jolla in 10, Tijuana in 20, and Trader Joe's and Whole Foods deli market in 2 minutes and there's at least 500 restrauants within 3 miles.

I like the city, but would enjoy having a retreat in the moutains someplace by a stream where I could listen to the water and wind in the leaves. Maybe someday.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Veteran Poster

Ex country boy, now living in the city. Sydney, in a suburb called Potts Point. I am looking to move to the west of the city, put a bid in on a penthouse apartment.

Like the area I'm in, but it is a bit expensive. It is on the fringe of the city, takes me 30 minutes to walk to work (right in the Sydney CBD).

Guess I have best of both worlds, I have 6 acres out in the bush with an old stone house on the property. I go down there when the city gets too much.

The view from my study below, looking east toward Sydney Heads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1571_497.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	169340  

Regards from The Combat Wombat

Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!?

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

I wish they grew on trees

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Junior Poster

I'm a guy live in Bangkok maybe on the worst road of many in Bangkok takes me forever to get anywhere...but i love everything else here i can do anything at anytime when i need to relax there is great beach not more than 3 hours away

Mai pen rai

Country here, as I tired of the city a long time ago. Unfortunately, the old adage of 'You can run, but you can't hide' is so true here. The ideal location of being an hour from Philadelphia or Baltimore and two hours from NYC and DC have made this one of the fastest growing areas in the region. I moved five miles further into the farmland just eight years ago when traffic began to get impossible and the damned stuff followed me down here.

The photo below is of my backyard and was taken in 1997, three years before I arrived. The field at the right-center was already full of houses when I moved (You can see the construction has already begun in the photo). The field left-center, next to the highway, developed in 2002. The larger fields, top center and to the right are currently under development. A farm off the pic to the left landed 125 McMansions in 2004 and the field in the upper left, just beyond the bridge is already in subdivision for 179 new homes.

Within a few minnits drive in any direction we've gained about 50,000 new homes, four new schools, a new library, two new high schools, six new fire halls, two new police stations/barracks (And two new police departments now looking for homes), three Wally-Marts, three Home Despots, three Loewes, and more new strip malls and pad sites than I care to count.

A town just below the bridge recently annexed thousands of acres of farmland in a controversial plan to expand the town boundaries. Having seen the writing on the wall, they see those acres becoming taxable residential and commercial land within the decade.

Wyoming is beginning to look real good to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	st_georges_bridge1997_139.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	169345  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I live in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County...near Long Beach in fact.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

*s*

Junior Poster

I fortunatly have the best of both.

I'm a guy born and raised living in Toronto, Canada, but also have a lakefront cottage in the country.

Junior Poster

Suburbs here, fairly quiet area-but only 90 minutes from Boston and NYC, so that helps.

Je suis Scottish Santa