Rookie Poster

Default 7 Concepts of Transsexuality: Thoughts from other girls?

7 Concepts of Transsexuality:

The 1st Concept:
    "My true gender is determined by my mind and heart; only I can say what my true gender is."

The 2nd Concept:
    "There is no shame in having a diverse gender identity, instead who I am is something to be celebrated!"

The 3rd Concept:
    "Not everyone will accept me for who I truly am genderwise, but if I accept myself fully and completely I will find all the power I need to live out my gender the way I need to do it."

The 4th Concept:
    "I not only have the power and the right to change the things in my life which I determine I need to change, including my body if need be, I also have a responsibility to myself to do so."

The 5th Concept:
    "I truly am who I become through the changes I implement in my life, including what sex I am.

The 6th Concept:
    "Embracing who I am now does not negate who I have been and the journey I have made, I always will be the person who embraced both celebration of my true self and change of my temporal self."

The 7th Concept:
    "Being a person of diverse gender is not a curse, but a gift! I stand between worlds as a blessed one who, out of my blessing, blesses others simply by being my true self."

5 Star Poster

Very nice concepts sweetie! Thanks for the thoughts.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Very nice concepts sweetie! Thanks for the thoughts.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie
    .Thank you Miss Jamie, I have to say I have been filled with self doubt this last week, but I saw this today and it really made me feel better

While I generally agree with everything you've said, I do have a problem with how your first concept often works in practice: you're not necessarily a transsexual just because you say you are. There are lots of people claiming to be transgendered who in one way or another really aren't (of course, this raised the impossible to resolve definition debate). But let me make it clear thaqt I'm not stating that the first half of your thesis is incorrect, simply that the second part leaves a little too much room for fudging.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: 7 Concepts of Transsexuality: Thoughts from other girls

Quote Originally Posted by mischelle
    7 Concepts of Transsexuality:
    The 5th Concept:
    "I truly am who I become through the changes I implement in my life, including what sex I am.
    For me transsexual meant a changing of gender and sex.

As such as a post operative woman I identify as female, and
    not as a 'third sex' or the like, though I am cognizant of my
    trans-past.

But it is just that, the past, as the majority of my issues and
    concerns currently are those of the average natal female, ie.
    career, family, and self-actualization.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Danny partridge
    While I generally agree with everything you've said, I do have a problem with how your first concept often works in practice: you're not necessarily a transsexual just because you say you are. There are lots of people claiming to be transgendered who in one way or another really aren't (of course, this raised the impossible to resolve definition debate). But let me make it clear thaqt I'm not stating that the first half of your thesis is incorrect, simply that the second part leaves a little too much room for fudging.
    What would someone be if they claimed to be transsexual but weren't? I mean, even with the people on the internet who fake pics and stuff, they're usually still crossdressers who are having some sort of fantasy via MySpace. Plenty of guys, from what I hear, play female characters on games like World of Warcraft but they don't claim to be transgendered characters.

I will say that there is a difference between just saying that you're transsexual and doing something about it. I spent three years after I came out as transsexual without transitioning for fear of my parents, because they threatened to kick me out if I took hormones and I always made them (my dad, mainly) uncomfortable by wearing girl clothes. So I didn't really transition until I was 19/20 with hormones, name change and all that. So I would say that I'm transsexual in a more real way now than I was before. But other people would say that I've been transsexual all my life because that's the way I'm wired (and I don't necessary disagree with that -- I always fought my gender assignment).

It all depends on how you define "transsexual". But I certainly wouldn't be one who bashes on certain transsexuals for not being "full-time" yet or not being "passable" enough. We're all still transsexuals.