Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomfurbs
    Just for the record, he's quoting Positively 4th St. Totally awesome Dylan song. Just clearing that up.
    Ignorant ghetto trash usually prefer to stay ignorant.

Senior Member Junior Poster gummi baer's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone explain to me why girls do the 'showgirl' lo

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    Ok, this is an honest question, but if a girl is aiming to look like the woman she is, why some of you put on the 'showgirl' look, which no GG on the planet would do?
    So no SHOW-GIRL is a female (GG)? How the fuck did the term wiggle its way into the vernacular if all the "showgirls" are cross dressers? Someone should hop down to Vegas and let them know right away.
    • You can't imagine how dissappointed I am with Elizabeth Berkeley and Gina Gershon right now.

"But I said I don't like sour stuff."--Naota (FLCL)

Back on topic,

Stage make-up is stage mage-up because it is for the stage. People looking at you aren't 2 feet away...they are 20, 40, 200, or more away. The effect must be obvious.

When doing drag (or any other stage performance) more is less.

Just my 2 cents

Yes I'm a TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCheri
    yeah, there is a definite difference in what we choose to wear in certain situations...this is what most people on a daily basis see when they see me, it's my normal casual bummy clothes, jeans and tanks/tees is my normal if I am not working, and if I have to work, I look like my avatar...
    Cheri....I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna fuck you in the ass...if I can get away with it!!! You up for that???!!!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis

Explain it, because that IS my question.

If you're going to go off and do a show as a "female impersonator" why don't you look 1000% "fish" (as they say) and not like someone who screams "I used to be a man" because of makeup overkill (and in that specific overwhite way that all Drag Queens do) that no GG on the planet would wear?
    I think Kelly summed it up.

Look at the first pic, I'm guessing that's how she normally looks. The second pic is of her doing a show (which imo, she doesn't look bad at all). I have some experience with this because I dated a girl that did shows. Here's how it was explained to me: The people that run drag shows are gay guys. They want to see something outrageous and exaggerated, because that's their way of rebelling against mainstream society. When you're on stage, you have to exaggerate everything to be noticed and seen from a distance, that includes hair and makeup. Since the guys that do the shows aren't into women, they don't want to see women, they want to see overkill. How often do you see natal women walking around like Ms. America? It's a pageant.

I don't completely understand it myself, but there it is.
    Ok, THAT explains it. Thank you.

And, on a personal level, i'll be honest and admit that I really think it's really unflattering and not attractive when they do it. I think makeup on most women looks phenomenal when it actually, say, matches their skin tone, isn't overkill, etc. Add to this the fact that the idea of "female impersonation", to me, meant logically that they'd look as much of a GG as possible, not some exaggerated caricature of a woman that everyone knows isn't one, and the whole thing never made sense (to me).

To be honest, it still doesn't completely (why do gay men run it and not the girls themselves, so they can make the rules?), but it is what it is!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    yeah, there is a definite difference in what we choose to wear in certain situations...this is what most people on a daily basis see when they see me, it's my normal casual bummy clothes, jeans and tanks/tees is my normal if I am not working, and if I have to work, I look like my avatar...
    Cheri....I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna fuck you in the ass...if I can get away with it!!! You up for that???!!!
    If she's not I am for sure sweetie. I just noticed Southwest has $79 airfare to Denver. How's the weather?

Giggle,
    TS Jamie

Well, I'm being a showgirl here in blue, but my makeup is pretty restrained...

And in the red and white pic, I was on stage in Montrea Fetish weekend, and they did CraZy stuff with my makeup.. which I would have never done. but it made my eyes look huge from far away.

-Tara
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc_0170_202.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	166370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1010055_853_152.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	166371  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

One of my ATF's I would specifically request she show up at the door in jeans and a wifebeater. Boy did she look good like that. So few women look their best in "hooker wear" (what you usually see women lounging around brothels or their incalls in; i.e. sheer negligee's, ). Then again, it's not just her who looks good in that outfit: I think all girls should try it some time and see what happens (it does, however, usually lead to guys talking to your tits).

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    Isn't she at a drag show in the second pic? Wouldn't that explain it? From my experience, the only times girls look like that is if they are doing a show. And the explaination that I got for looking like that at a show is a pretty deep one.
    Explain it, because that IS my question.

If you're going to go off and do a show as a "female impersonator" why don't you look 1000% "fish" (as they say) and not like someone who screams "I used to be a man" because of makeup overkill (and in that specific overwhite way that all Drag Queens do) that no GG on the planet would wear?
    Who gives a fuck? This is the dumbest bullshit I have read yet. We are transexuals a,d some of us are showgirls. Point blank. Erica
    and many others like her use being a SHOWGIRL as a job, just like a Vegas show girl. What we do on stage and how we live or REAL lives are 2 totally different things. Now do you think a girl like Erica gives a fuck want you think of her and how she identifys to her family and friends. Females love our make up, its for stage asshole. Nobody goes grocery shopping with that much make-up on.

Veteran Poster

Already been taken care of boss.^^

Mimi, do you listen to much Dylan ?