Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by southerncalisurfer
    Points taken.

Melissa- As tough as it sounds, yes something went wrong when someone born male thinks that they are female, there is no debate there, something went wrong, and you cannot debate that.(
    Apparently the point is not taken. Let me reiterate: there is nothing wrong with a natural born male feeling the need to live as a female. That's where you get hung up. We are not feeling the need to live as a squirrell or a giraffe, but you somehow see it like that. You somehow are assigning limitations and rules to the way people live and the decisions they make. And if they fall outside your personal parameters they are mentally ill or just imbalanced. Loosen up dem rules, dude.

My personal parameters? Or our personal parameters? Who is setting those boundaries? (for the record, I am on your team, just feel like being d. advocate today)

Quote Originally Posted by melissacarter
    In this way transitioning is as valid as being an astronaut or a doctor. Equal in purpose, equal in reward, equal in personal fullfillment.
    But its not the same because people generally don't have severe quality of life issues or societal dysfunction if they fail to become a doctor, or an astronaut, etc.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    But just because it is in the medical world doesn't mean it's a bad thing...
    That is my point. Look at transitioning from afar, not in psychological or medical terms but in philosophical terms. Think in terms of personal purpose and a search for meaning. Then ask the question we must all ask ourselves: what am I going to do with my life? In this context, a male transitioning to female is as good as any other decision reached. In fact, any decision made, as long as it does not hurt others or yourself, and has some element of purpose is a good decision. In this way transitioning is as valid as being an astronaut or a doctor. Equal in purpose, equal in reward, equal in personal fullfillment.
    Great post! I believe people put too much emphasis on personal expression, which does little harm to others, and not enough on things which greatly harm other people.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    In this way transitioning is as valid as being an astronaut or a doctor. Equal in purpose, equal in reward, equal in personal fullfillment.
    But its not the same because people generally don't have severe quality of life issues or societal dysfunction if they fail to become a doctor, or an astronaut, etc.
    Actually many people who do not acheive thier dreams have problems with issues like achoholism and other self destructive behaviors.

Junior Poster

You guys miss the point but then again this board is full of half-brained overly-opinionated individuals.

I never told anyone who should or shouldn't transition, I stated for the record that this is a choice, it is not our "destiny". Too many people claim they were born in the wrong body, that's nonsense. You were born in the body you were born in, and you chose to make changes. It's that simple.

Stop acting like fate had anything to do with it.
    If the point you are trying to make is about pre-destination versus free will, then I'd say I agree with you. I don't see any 'force of destiny' or 'hand of fate' taking an interest in causing a person to be physically born one gender and yet live mentally, emotionally and spiritually as another.

However, I see nothing wrong with someone claiming to have been born in the 'wrong body'. When taken from a purely genetic perspective, I can well agree with such a statement.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by southerncalisurfer
    Nice post kiss ass

Anyhow, I think that the main problem that is avoided on this site is why so-called straight guys are into TS's?

I read a few papers about this but they all seem to boil down to repressed homosexual tendencies - at least the girls here are "man" enough to face their demons.

The other group is those on the outskirts of sexuality - regular sex gets boring so they are always looking for the next level.

Where do you lie?
    Where do I lie? I lie on the side where we don't make generalizing blanket statements.

Quote Originally Posted by GinX
    However, I see nothing wrong with someone claiming to have been born in the 'wrong body'. When taken from a purely genetic perspective, I can well agree with such a statement.
    Which is why I said people dictate their own paths in the what, when and how based on their decisions to a point.

That point is influenced by probability. By simply bad luck some will need FFS at 15 to pass. By bad luck someone could get falsely convicted and sent to jail in Wisconsin where HRT is illegal for trans inmates.

IF these developmental theories prove to be the "cause" for transsexuality, then without a doubt people are born trans. The question is what happens after that point in transitioning.

In essence the "path" (transiting) was assigned by probability at birth, what forks are taken is up to the results of their life decisions (some of it being unintended consequences, some being pure bad luck, and whole host of exterior influences).

I hope that analogy works, its the best I could think of.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Gold Poster

You guys miss the point but then again this board is full of half-brained overly-opinionated individuals.

I never told anyone who should or shouldn't transition, I stated for the record that this is a choice, it is not our "destiny". Too many people claim they were born in the wrong body, that's nonsense. You were born in the body you were born in, and you chose to make changes. It's that simple.

Thats an excuse for people like you who have transitioned late so yeah i guess you're right somewhat it was your choice to transition late.I see your point now and where you get that attitude from.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend

Thats an excuse for people like you who have transitioned late so yeah i guess you're right somewhat it was your choice to transition late.I see your point now and where you get that attitude from.
    So glad you see my point, after all people like me, we transition late, and that's where I find my attitude and my excuse. Thanks, I was nothing before you straightened me out.

Default Re: as a transexual

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    Being transgendered is that our mentality and emotional state is that of a woman. Our inside. It kills me how people talk about the "right" height" or right body frame, or right shoe size. I remember a short Mexican tgirl who I thought was my friend telling me, only do "drag" at night, and never get breasts, because I was too big to pass as a girl. Now I am 6ft tall, and as another "girl" right here on HA pointed out, I wear a size 11 shoe. Thus making me really tall for a latina woman, with big hands and big feet. Did that stop me?? NO! I love my height, and I do hate my shoe size, yet I still managed to amass a shoe collection of beautiful shoes. Wo are you to tell someone that they are wrong for making the outside match whats inside?? My decision to transition to the point I am today was for ME and how I wanted to look and dress. SHAME on you for being so IGNORANT!! That goes for both males and other transexuals who think because they are a certain height or weight or bone structure to pick and choose who should and who should not transition. I see these alleged shorter girls get spooked just as fast, or faster than I do. I'm happy with the decisions I made in my life because I made them for ME!! And not bad huh????
    Well said....BTW yes not bad at all.=d