Junior Poster

Default There Will Be Blood

Pardon me if there's been a topic on this, but I'vte got some scotch in me and I saw the movie yesterday and wanted to talk about it.

Great film, however, I believe there could have been many cuts to shorten the length. I felt many scenes were unnecessary (H.W. scenes mostly), despite what some may say to justify them on the base of the character study.

I know a lot of people praised the soundtrack, and I certainly think overall it was good for Jonny Greenwood (I fucking loathe that Radiohead shit.) The parts of the soundtrack that I thought fit the movie were great, reminded me of some 70's krautrock with pulsing beats and avant-garde string sections, but then there were many aspects I thought were completely out of place for the tone of the scene or film in general.

All in all I thought the commentary on capitalism versus religion were actually pretty interesting, but the film was so damned long that I couldn't stand it.

Rookie Poster

Aside from a world class performance by Daniel Day Lewis, a boring, pretentious, movie, that left me with nothing after I left the theatre.

Default Re: There Will Be Blood

Agreed. I think P.T. Anderson needs to start editing himself a bit more. Boogie Nights and Magnolia were both films that felt right as long films. This one did not. He's still a gifted filmmaker and this movie did show some true growth.

Platinum Poster

I haven't seen it yet. I like Anderson's films, and I plan on checking it out. I think it's safe to say that it won't impress me as much as 'No Country for Old Men', though.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

yeah im dyin to see this one..i read this huge book on the history of oil and now im kinda hooked on this subject.especially with what is going on tday..fuck oil speculators

Mediocre movie...didn't like it at all!

OK,I will to see that flim.

SHEMALE WRESTLING WILL ONE DAY COME TRUE!!!