Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NYCdad
    Why indeed
    Weigh the risk:benefit ratio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	einsatz8_417.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	164765  

Junior Poster

fucking crazy and idiotic

Nice to hear some people think this through (Brenda, Falrune, braveman). Obviously, not everyone should carry around a gun, but there are plenty of law-abiding citizens who ahve taken it upon themselves to learn how to use one. Only the naive sheeple think the police can protect them. The police are there to clean up and try to catch the perp, not save your defenseless ass.
    I carry unless in a "helpless victim" zone and I suggest any of you vote to secure this right as well. Mr. psycho shooter isn't going to wait for carry to be legal to start killing folks.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabealegend
    This is why i support gun owership
    You remain a textbook example of why children shouldn't have access to firearms...or lead paint for that matter.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

They found three opened cans of Red Bull energy drink in the motel room where Steven Kazmierczak stayed the night before his shooting spree at Northern Illinois University.

Also, found in the room was Gorilla Glue......

Bulls and Gorilla's! OH, MY!

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    They found three opened cans of Red Bull energy drink in the motel room where Steven Kazmierczak stayed the night before his shooting spree at Northern Illinois University.

Also, found in the room was Gorilla Glue......

Bulls and Gorilla's! OH, MY!
    So why don't you tell us what conspiracy theory are they concocting about that at infowars.com, you annoying little fool of a spambot?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The media has been covering violence like this at schools and universities for at least the last decade. It’s sensationalist precisely because these institutions are generally safe havens. They are places populated by our youth. They are places of hope and promise. They are places with relatively low security measures because they are places where gun crime is a rarified occurrence.

Don’t get me wrong, there is violent crime on university campuses. Women do carry pepper-spray and many campuses have rape-alert systems; but shoot outs are certainly rare and guns are generally forbidden on campus. We might be able to eliminate the need for pepper-spray as well, if men were required to leave their penises at home.

I do not think in the few short minutes it took for the assailant in NIU to wreak havoc on the lives of his victims, that armed students or faculty would’ve made a difference. What is almost certain is that incidents of campus shooting would increase were students and faculty allowed to carry firearms. Laws cannot prevent mishaps, but laws can make them less frequent.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Facts are something else. The logic that banning guns will prevent gun violence is founded in a logical falacy. IF someone is going to break the law to a large degree (by commiting murder); Then they are probably willing to break a little law (like buying guns on the black market. See prohibition.)

On the other hand If their is a psycho killer on a shooting spree and you are not armed then all you are is a target. If you are armed, however, you are in a position to defend your self and others. For example if that professor had been packing a loaded pistol it would have taken him at most three or four seconds to draw and shoot. That's not very long at all. How many people would not have been killed or wounded had that prof been armed? That's the way I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Well put Trish. That's what I've been trying to explain to Brenda and Legend.
    Maybe I misunderstood you. Do you believe in concealed carry for yourself but not others?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Falrune: if we're talking penises, then yes, i'm still for concealed carry. as far as other guns go, that's a no. i'm not for concealed carry for myself or anyone else.

BrendaQ: There is no logical fallacy in my post. My argument isn't that gun laws can prevent even one nut determined to murder from carrying out his intent. My argument is that allowing people to carry will just increase other gun-crimes and accidents without having any deterrent effect on nut cases and on those with premeditated intent. By the way, the professor was taken out immediately before he knew what was happening. Do you really want live on a campus where everyone draws out their glocks when something goes bump behind the stage? How many people are going to get killed in that sort of world?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.