Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default U.S Marine rapes a 14-yr old girl

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/427752

NAHA — Anxiety and anger spread among residents of Okinawa Prefecture on Tuesday in the wake of the previous day's arrest of a U.S. Marine for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl from a local junior high school.

The assembly in the capital city of Naha unanimously approved a resolution protesting the incident with Japan and the United States and calling on them to launch a full-scale probe into the case, take preventive measures and offer apologies.

In the meantime, teachers at a junior high school in the town of Chatan, where the alleged incident took place, told students to never come to school unaccompanied and always stay with schoolmates.

"I feel resentment over the incident," the school's vice principal said. "Local communities here live among the U.S. military and U.S. soldiers, and that makes us worry about our safety."
    http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/427752

This is why other countries look at own military as a joke we go into their countries and rape their children,i hope this scumbag gets what he truly deserves thats either a bullet in his head or daily rapes by someone named bubba in prison.

Junior Poster

UMM NO , other countries look at us and laugh because we are stupid enough to air our dirty laundry in the media. Other countries army's get away with a lot more then American military does. Just like Mexican Police corruption is way worse than here. Only in America do we air our dirty little secrets, other countries soldiers are way worse than our but they don't dare put it in the media.

Don't be like Seanchai who bitches about America yet America has made him a Rich Fat Man.

Junior Poster

Go to Thailand and chase one of those Ladyboy's watch what happens if you don't pay your bar tab or better yet get caught doing a little drugs, you wont be bitching about this country when your begging us to get you out of thier jail. This country is a bunch of spoiled complainers.

Platinum Poster

This isn't about the US military. Rapists come from all walks of life. The US military just happens to be in Japan, and one of them just happened to be a rapist. Such is life. Humans do terrible things to one another. Thanks for reminding us that rape is bad, though...

Edit: one of them MIGHT have been a rapist.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

A slightly less biased report:

EST, Mon February 11, 2008

U.S. Marine accused of girl's rape
    • STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Authorities have not charged Marine with crime
    • Japanese Foreign Ministry says it has lodged official protest with U.S. government
    • U.S. Marine Corps says it "takes this allegation very seriously"
    From Kyung Lah
    CNN

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- A U.S. Marine based on Okinawa has been detained in connection with the reported rape of a 14-year-old Japanese girl, the island's police force said Monday.

Staff Sgt. Tyrone Luther Hadnott, 38, denied raping the junior high school student and told authorities he only kissed her, police said.
    Authorities have not charged Hadnott with the crime.
    The Japanese Foreign Ministry said it has lodged an official protest with the U.S. government.
    The U.S. Marine Corps acknowledged the detention in a statement, without naming Hadnott. The incident was under investigation, the Marine Corps said, adding that it "takes this allegation very seriously."
    A small group on Monday protested outside the building where authorities were holding Hadnott.
    The assault was reported Sunday night in the Chatan entertainment district on Okinawa, a major hub for U.S. forces in the Pacific, police said.
    Hadnott met the girl in Okinawa, offered her a ride and is alleged to have raped her in a car, according to local media reports.
    Hadnott was detained shortly afterward, police said.
    "This type of crime violates the human rights of women. And taking the fact that the victim was a junior high school student, this kind of crime cannot be tolerated," Okinawa Gov. Hirokazu Nakaima said in a statement.
    Previous criminal cases against American troops have triggered widespread protests by Okinawans since 1995, when three American servicemen were found guilty of raping an Okinawan schoolgirl.
    "The Okinawan Prefecture has repeatedly demanded a strict measure against these kinds of violent crimes by the U.S. military personnel every time it happens," Nakaima said. "Unfortunately, the crime has happened again."
    Under U.S.-Japanese military agreements, the U.S. government has custody over service members suspected of crimes while on duty. In addition, the U.S. military is not required to turn over those accused of crimes until an indictment is issued.

--------------------------

Have to wait and see. At present, it is unclear exactly what happened.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile
    UMM NO , other countries look at us and laugh because we are stupid enough to air our dirty laundry in the media. Other countries army's get away with a lot more then American military does. Just like Mexican Police corruption is way worse than here. Only in America do we air our dirty little secrets, other countries soldiers are way worse than our but they don't dare put it in the media.

Don't be like Seanchai who bitches about America yet America has made him a Rich Fat Man.
    I could careless what a third world country like mexico does with i'ts corrupt military and police,i can't beleive you would want something like this sweeped under a rug like nothing ever happened people deserve to hear the truth and if it makes the miltary look like a joke so be it,the guy raped a 14 year old girl.

Rookie Poster

As a soldier in Korea I saw a korean man beating his wife / girlfriend but had been given a direct order never to involved in korean on korean violence. The only rules were if attacked defend your self and fellow soldiers. When locals commit crimes in ends up in the local crime report section . when a us citizen or soldier commits a crime it front page and international news.

Platinum Poster

Do you know what the age of consent is in Japan, Legend? Or better yet, how do you know that this isn't another case of a US serviceman stationed overseas being falsely accused? Maybe you should drop the hand-wringing hysteria until you know all of the facts.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Awww Shit....Here we go again. And the JOKE here, is you, Legend.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Do you know what the age of consent is in Japan, Legend? Or better yet, how do you know that this isn't another case of a US serviceman stationed overseas being falsely accused? Maybe you should drop the hand-wringing hysteria until you know all of the facts.
    I know the age of constent is 14 there but i think they have other laws that prohibit sexual acts with minors but you have to think they go on a case by case basis and in this case it was a rape.The article says rape and thats all i have to go on so i assume its rape,therefore age isn't really the issue.I repeat that again chef it reported as a RAPE so the age of consent really doesn't matter.