Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 Star Poster

it's good to see the potential for so many girls at this party but is it still going ahead after the terrorist bombings?
    Due to transport problems, I would imagine not. Out of respect, in any case, I should hope not.

But like I've already said, who gives a shit about the party. People have died. Hundred perhaps have been injured. London communication and transport has been paralysed- even all the phones to the UK are engaged now, and I'm still trying to contact a good friend of mine. The UK is at a standstill. The world sits stunned in front of its TVs, computers or radios and watched the events unfolding. There are far more important things than a party.

I don't want to get on your case, but perhaps I feel the shock more than you do. I have been to London. I've lived there. I have friends there. I have been to everyone of those tube stations. I've taken the buses. I've walked in those streets from where the TV pictures are being filmed.

And in case you want to know, I have been to NYC once too. I know someone who was driven in a London taxi after the 9/11 attacks by a man whose son work in the WTC. I have family in NYC.

Every attack on civilians is an attack on humanity. Every terrorist attack is an attack on liberty and justice. Like I said in another post, today, we're all Londoners.

Added, Friday 8th:

Okay, I'll concede the party should go ahead, if transport and security issues allow it. But I do think we have our priorities somewhat skew-whiff here.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Default bombings

I do live in London

I dont live far from all the bombings!

its been a weird horrible day,but it I dont see there being a problem with the event at Wayout.

although we've suffered a terrible tradgedy here in London today,there is already some sort of normality returning to the streets,most nearley all trains are back up and running

xxxxx

Default Re: bombings

Quote Originally Posted by tsfarrah
    I do live in London

I dont live far from all the bombings!

its been a weird horrible day,but it I dont see there being a problem with the event at Wayout.

although we've suffered a terrible tradgedy here in London today,there is already some sort of normality returning to the streets,most nearley all trains are back up and running

xxxxx
    It's good to hear that you're ok Farrah. The cowardice of these groups continue to amaze me. Keep going London and be strong! London 2012!!! Congrats!
    -Ciao

5 Star Poster

Glad you're OK, Farrah.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    it's good to see the potential for so many girls at this party but is it still going ahead after the terrorist bombings?
    Due to transport problems, I would imagine not. Out of respect, in any case, I should hope not.

But like I've already said, who gives a shit about the party. People have died. Hundred perhaps have been injured. London communication and transport has been paralysed- even all the phones to the UK are engaged now, and I'm still trying to contact a good friend of mine. The UK is at a standstill. The world sits stunned in front of its TVs, computers or radios and watched the events unfolding. There are far more important things than a party.

I don't want to get on your case, but perhaps I feel the shock more than you do. I have been to London. I've lived there. I have friends there. I have been to everyone of those tube stations. I've taken the buses. I've walked in those streets from where the TV pictures are being filmed.

And in case you want to know, I have been to NYC once too. I know someone who was driven in a London taxi after the 9/11 attacks by a man whose son work in the WTC. I have family in NYC.

Every attack on civilians is an attack on humanity. Every terrorist attack is an attack on liberty and justice. Like I said in another post, today, we're all Londoners.
    Sorry, but this is just idiotic! I live in London, work in the City and spend a lot of time in NYC. I was in NYC on 9/11. In addition, I have been involved in two other bomb blasts in London, The Baltic Exchange and Houndsditch. Also, I was in The Army for 8 years, during which I saw active service in Belfast, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and Belize. Life goes on OK. So out of respect, life should continue as normal and nothing should be cancalled as that just gives in to those who want to change your life through acts of terrorism. So all those who were going to go and are now hestitating.. GO! The stoicism of the English is such that we will not panic, we will not submit and we will carry on with our lives. By going, you show far more respect than not. And no.. you are not all Londoners. I was born here, raised here and live here. That makes me a Londoner, not you!

5 Star Poster

subray said:
    Sorry, but this is just idiotic! I live in London, work in the City and spend a lot of time in NYC. I was in NYC on 9/11. In addition, I have been involved in two other bomb blasts in London, The Baltic Exchange and Houndsditch. Also, I was in The Army for 8 years, during which I saw active service in Belfast, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and Belize. Life goes on OK. So out of respect, life should continue as normal and nothing should be cancalled as that just gives in to those who want to change your life through acts of terrorism. So all those who were going to go and are now hestitating.. GO! The stoicism of the English is such that we will not panic, we will not submit and we will carry on with our lives. By going, you show far more respect than not. And no.. you are not all Londoners. I was born here, raised here and live here. That makes me a Londoner, not you!
    Strong words, subray. I certainly didn't mean to offend. All I was saying is that the first thing on people's minds yesterday after the bombings happened shouldn't have been a party.

You truly misunderstood me. I never said the party should be cancelled because of fears. In fact, now I will agree that it should go on, because people need to get back to their lives, to look forward and to cheer up a bit. But I was, and still am, annoyed that the very first concern of some people after the tragedy struck was something as trivial as a party.

And yes, I wasn't born in London, though I have lived there, so I'm not actually a Londoner. But if you want to misunderstand a simple message of support and empathy then that's not my fault.

Junior Poster

LG,

Totally agree with you 100%.

As a born and bred Londoner,it's interesting that some people want to sensationalize and don't understand the true character of real Londoners.

We do not give in to terror- period

We certainly will not be imtimidated by bombers of any faith or belief.

I look forward to seeing you tonight at Allanah's party!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG

Added, Friday 8th:

Okay, I'll concede the party should go ahead, if transport and security issues allow it. But I do think we have our priorities somewhat skew-whiff here.
    If you let this change your life THEY WIN. That is tghere gboal and by now intelligent people all over the globe should see it.
    Roll over once and you will the rest of your life.