Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I do get a lot of attention with it and it's a lot safer for me than calling every second person I see a faggot.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    I do get a lot of attention with it and it's a lot safer for me than calling every second person I see a faggot.
    I hate when that happens.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

There is little point debating if you don't take a world wide view.

America is but blip on the world history, having only been in a position of power since World War 2.
    Given the changes that have occured over, for example, the last one hundred years, then one can rightly assume that the current status quo is unlikely to last for anything like the next century.
    Even in my lifetime there has been dramatic change, I suspect more is to come before I die, if history is any guide.

Regards from The Combat Wombat

Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

5 Star Poster

Another disturbing possibility I see is that the USA will evolve in to a sort of Empire like the Roman empire. Where only one or two imperial families rule the country. We can see things going that way already. So few people have a real problem with having another Clinton as president (likely to be followed in 8 years by Jeb Bush). Their seems to be a idea that some people are genetically more fit to ruel or something. That's dangerous, at least as dangerous in my opinion as the idea of corporations ceasing all real control over the world.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Another disturbing possibility I see is that the USA will evolve in to a sort of Empire like the Roman empire. Where only one or two imperial families rule the country. We can see things going that way already. So few people have a real problem with having another Clinton as president (likely to be followed in 8 years by Jeb Bush). Their seems to be a idea that some people are genetically more fit to ruel or something. That's dangerous, at least as dangerous in my opinion as the idea of corporations ceasing all real control over the world.
    Brenda, politicians no longer rule the world, if they ever did. It is corporations that do and that isn't some paranoid fantasy.

A good example of that would be the late Kerry Packer, who was one of the richest men in Australia, and certainly had many powerful friends around the world. He treated our elected leader like a dog, and with good reason as he was in a far more powerful position than our elected leader.

The Roman Empire was doomed as soon as it over-extended its armies and watered them down with foreign conscripts.

Sound familiar?

Regards from The Combat Wombat

Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Default Re: Another Documentary!

Kelly, I like you, you are a gorgeous woman, but to me you are a little confused about reality...
    These are Fantapolitics visions!