Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Still Here 5 Star Poster

Default RIP Sanesha aka Boots from Blacktgirls murdered.

Yikes, I knew her

A transgendered prostitute was stabbed to death in the Bronx Saturday by a customer who was apparently surprised by the hooker's true sex, police sources said Saturday.

The victim - a 25-year-old man who dressed like a woman - was identified by sources as Talib Stewart, who often went by the feminine nicknames of Nesha or Sanesha.

Stewart was stabbed multiple times inside a Belmont apartment building about 6 a.m. Saturday, police said.

A 37-year-old man was later arrested inside the second-floor apartment, police said.

Though the suspect's identity was not immediately released, the sources said he was the prostitute's john who became enraged when he learned his partner was not a woman.

Stewart, more than 6 feet tall, was known to wear stylish, provocative outfits with towering high heels, neighbors said.

Stewart also apparently had undergone surgery to give him larger breasts and other female characteristics, neighbors said.

"She looked like a girl but when she turned around, you knew it was a man," a 17-year-old neighbor said. "She had a big jaw and an Adam's apple."

Neighbors said Stewart was a friendly and flirty presence on the block and was rarely hassled for his appearance.

"She's always been Nesha to me," said a friend who just gave her first name, Janelle. "She's funny and outgoing."

"It's a shock - nobody should do something like that," said another neighbor who asked not to be identified. "She never had any problems here."

Stewart's relatives visited the crime scene Saturday afternoon and angrily declined comment. Neighbors said they didn't know if Stewart was turning tricks but they had noticed frequent male visitors to her home.

The suspect remained in police custody last night as the Bronx district attorney was determining which charges to file, officials said.

Rookie Poster

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends .

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

i am truly heartbroken by this. it so highlights the dangers of prostitution for trans women...and for all women. my heart and condolences go out to her family and friends.

on a side note...this article brings up so many more issues, one of them being media representation of trans women. but that's for another day, not today.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

First and foremost, condolences to her family and friends,
    and may she rest in peace.

Secondly, as you may imagine I take great umbrage at
    this transwomen being designated as a 'he or him', by the
    papers coverage.

I get the sense it was the New York Post as they tend to be
    insensitive to gender issues.

However in all fairness, I do get the sense that the suspect
    may have indeed known the true gender of the victim.

And what may actualy have transpired is that there was an
    altercation related to a possible business transaction.

The facts hopefully will come out at trial.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

i was kinda thinking the same thing, but will wait until all the facts come out. i didn't like how the article referred to her as a male but at least her friend and neighbors referred to her as a female.

New Orleans, no place like home.

Too often, the victim in these kind of cases is put on trial for "deceiving" her lover. The DA needs to make a statement by going for the most serious charge. This is a hate induced crime of the worst kind.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rick_932
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

i was kinda thinking the same thing, but will wait until all the facts come out. i didn't like how the article referred to her as a male but at least her friend and neighbors referred to her as a female.
    I disagree.

I believe there is a small subset of guys who are into tgirls who are literally, insane, and once they seek out the girls and have sex with them, have some internal conflict of "oh my god! i'm not gay!" and then beat the girls to a pulp (or kill them, in this case) to wipe that thought from their minds.

It's WAY too common for it to be a coincidence.

I think the whole 'surprise' thing, while does happen, is less common than people think and more of either (a) a role people play or (b) in this case, an excuse made for their clearly malicious actions.

My heart goes out to her family.

And, the media needs to get their ass reamed. Every time they call a tgirl a "man with breasts", it the same as if they called a gay man "this faggot who was beat up." Where's the lawyers who should be screaming at the newspapers?

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Fuck, I'm 99% it's one of ours.
    Just checked out ID/2257 database.

Will post as soon as I know.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i'm so sorry for the victim's family. this sort of incident just scares the shit out of me.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

it's dangerous to be a prostitute no less a transsexual prostitute and in no less bronx ! in reality i was just a matter of time before trouble brewed , it's the nature of the trade ! you have to be careful out there , that's why many well established ladies only see regulars , i don't blame them !