Thread: Shaq

Default Shaq

I can't believe nobody's talking about this trade.

Shaquille O'neal is 36. Can he run with the Suns? Will he need to? How will Amare Stoudemire work out sliding over to the power forward spot? How bad are the Suns going to miss Shawn Marion? Will this allow them to hang with or even dominate the Spurs? Does it negate the Gasol trade by the lakers? Will Nash's assist numbers go down with Shaq passing out of the doubleteam? Who can the Suns' opponants doubleteam now? Can Shaq finally bring the long elusive NBA title to Phoenix? Will the Heat ever win a game? Will Dwane Wade ever figure out how to get removed from Barkley's 5?

So many questions & probably not a lot of answers untill after the allstar game.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

having enjoyed the Matrix on my fantsay teams for the last 5 seasons,im curious to see what he will do in Miami as he will basically be the #2 option and will be relied upon alot more than he was in Arizona.

If Shaq can stay on the court he will be at his best grabbing boards and firing outlet passes to the other 4 guys...no way he will be able to keep up.Look for Shaq to play about 25 mins a game until the playoffs.

Personally I think Shaq is the coolest most amiable guy in the association but his days as a dominant force ended 2 years ago.I wish him well...but not counting on it.

Gold Poster

The heat still suck with marion but i think they are planning for the future so i don't they give a crap this year.I can't wait for shaq to prove people that he isn't washed up hopefully he helps the suns get a championship.

Professional Poster

he'll help the suns against slower offensive teams like the spurs,jazz or rockets,teams that play half-court grind it out style..they got him to keep soudamire out of foul trouble....but the matrix gave the suns a lot of energy around the boards and on quick outlet passes to the basket that i doubt shaq or bionic ankles grant hill will give them...plus the lakers when fully healthy will eat everybody up...