View Poll Results: Who would you like to be the next President?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

31 26.05%
  • Barack Obama

45 37.82%
  • John McCain

25 21.01%
  • Mike Huckabee

2 1.68%
  • Ron Paul

16 13.45%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Quote Originally Posted by trish
    you said he was the only one with integrity. a comment that i couldn't leave unchallenged. are you saying now that one can lie and keep their integrity?
    I'm saying everyone has lied, at one level or another. That includes you and I. I don't believe in lies of varying shades of gray, but I also don't believe an indiviuals integrity and esprit de corps isn't defined by whether or not they have lied. Rather, the gravity and extint they may have done so, as well as other factors. I have every respect for you and believe you to have the utmost integrity, for I have no reason to question it, as I hope you do me.

You, obviously, must be guided by your particular set of principles, way your options and, make your best decision, given the information you have available to you. I am not attempting to sway your opinion, nor affect your decision. Consider all the information available, and not just what is available from the media. Feeling as strongly as you do about the statement McCain made, I suggest you question his motives by addressing him directly. Although the answer may not be directly from him, you will get an answer, and based on that response, then form you opinion. I know the man personally, and proudly say so.
    Sure I've lied at "one level or another" and I take your word for it that you have too. But I haven't lied on a level that got dozens of other people killed. Nor have I signed legislation that got American soldiers killed by the thousands, caused a civil war and got Iraqi civilians murdered by the tens of thousands and then with deliberate intent lied for my own political benefit about the success of the policies implemented by that legislation. There are lies and then there are lies. Maybe you can lie and keep your integrity. But McCain's lies just don't fall into that category.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

CORVETTE, you know that I have a great deal of respect for you as a fellow vet and also a fellow sailor. Not to mention our mutual ties to the Old Dominion. I also have a great deal of respect for John McCain and his service and devotion to this country. But I gotta go with trish on this one, shipmate. McCain has really disappointed me in the last few years, although if he's elected I'll feel a lot more comfortable than I would have with Romney, and at the very least shrubya will finally be gone.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I respect everyones opinion...I have mine and, I'm stickin' with it. I'm not votin' for some twit that is just gonna yank everybody out of Iraq, leave it vulnerable to infiltration by any and all terrorist organization on the planet and, disrespect the ultimate sacrifice of those fine Soldiers, Sailors and Marines killed and wounded there, as well as Afghanistan.
    That solution is not an option.

Platinum Poster

Go piss in your wig, you carny troll. This discussion is not for frivolous trainwrecks like yourself. So go peddle your skank ass or something...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

This war is Iraq was a joke. I just wish people would come out and do what needs to be done...... Make Iraq the 51st State, and take all the oil. There I said it.

I think Iraq could be the worlds largest parking lot. If we just leveled it, it would be cheaper than invading.

I don't like white people either.

Quote Originally Posted by OEMEnemyNum1
    This war is Iraq was a joke. I just wish people would come out and do what needs to be done...... Make Iraq the 51st State, and take all the oil. There I said it.

I think Iraq could be the worlds largest parking lot. If we just leveled it, it would be cheaper than invading.
    Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. That's all very nice, but impractical, so think of something constructive.

Hillary Clinton? Definitely a lesser evil. I'll vote for her if she is the nominee.
    Obama? I was an Edwards supporter, but Obama is my choice atm. although I like Hillary's health plan better.
    Crazy John McCain? The wheels fell off the 'straight talk express' when he decided he would say anything to be President. Iraq for 100 years....Btw, he was the only senator to not show up for the economic stimulus package vote Wednesday and one vote decided it.
    Huckelberry? He doesn't believe in evolution and thinks the planet is only 6000 years old. Need I say more?
    Ron Paul? Nutjob...and still the best Republican in the race.

vote for none....have a civil war.....they are all the same the world over

t-girls are gonna take over the world!

Top Cop Says McCain Was Never Tortured
    Former Vietnam vet with top secret clearance - Republican frontrunner is "a lying skunk"
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Thursday, February 7th, 2008

A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

McLamb said the POW's told him that McCain had sustained two broken arms and a leg injury from not pulling his arms in when he bailed out of his A-4 Skyhawk that was shot down over the Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi.

The POW's said that McCain made 32 propaganda videos for the communist North Vietnamese in which he denounced America for what they were doing in Vietnam.

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb, adding that in truth "the POW's hate John McCain."

It is commonly accepted that McCain was treated better than other POW's and afforded medical care immediately after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain's abandonment of veteran's interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

Doubts over McCain's alleged war hero status and his support to curtail efforts to look for missing POW's contributed to torpedoing his presidential campaign in 2000 and those same questions will undoubtedly surface again should the Senator win the Republican nomination.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    Obama? I was an Edwards supporter, but Obama is my choice atm. although I like Hillary's health plan better.
    If any American actually believes there will be a viable universal health plan anytime in the next 4-8 years is sadly fooling themselves.

The country is so far in debt that there is ZERO chance that all these hollow campaign promises of a health plan will ever add up to anything more than just what they are...bullshit lies to sucker your vote.