View Poll Results: Who would you like to be the next President?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

31 26.05%
  • Barack Obama

45 37.82%
  • John McCain

25 21.01%
  • Mike Huckabee

2 1.68%
  • Ron Paul

16 13.45%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    trish...because of his stature, security measures such as those are going to be taken, even if he's in your house. Get a grip!
    oh so it's your contention that the market was perfectly safe... as safe as my own living room... and McCain's little show didn't endanger anyone, in spite of the fact that people died?
    Well, trish, that is not at all, what I was implying. However, if you so literally take the media slant, maybe you should get your butt over there and find out for yourself. I have 2 nephews there and a step daughter heading over. I myself served 2 tours in Nam, the raid on Tehran, Granada, Panama, Desert Shield and numerous operations I can't divluge. I know a leader when I see one.

What is your background, if I may ask?

Silver Poster

Hillary could be seen a novelty, but she has that surname that tells people that, if she win, there could be 24 years of only two families guiding the US. Otherwise, a woman as a president is a good choice.
    I am for Obama for selfish reasons as he is out of my hood but even if he wins, the last 24 years will have been governed by Ivy League leadership.

Just something to chew on.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Well, trish, that is not at all, what I was implying. However, if you so literally take the media slant, maybe you should get your butt over there and find out for yourself. I have 2 nephews there and a step daughter heading over. I myself served 2 tours in Nam, the raid on Tehran, Granada, Panama, Desert Shield and numerous operations I can't divluge. I know a leader when I see one.

there's not a single refutation or rebuttal of any of my points in that post. whether you got family there or friends (and i have both) is irrelevant to question "was McCain just putting on a lying show?"

so we should take your word for it that you can recognize a leader. maybe so. but where is he going to lead us is the more important question. history is replete with leaders who took their nations and empires down the drain.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I went with Ron Paul who won't even be able to be a spoiler in this election. Unimpressed with just about everyone else Paul at least seems to have ideas about where we are going wrong, and where we have lost sight of what our founding fathers planned for this country.

there's not a single refutation or rebuttal of any of my points in that post. whether you got family there or friends (and i have both) is irrelevant to question "was McCain just putting on a lying show?"

so we should take your word for it that you can recognize a leader. maybe so. but where is he going to lead us is the more important question. history is replete with leaders who took their nations and empires down the drain.

And, I take it, you think the "Savior" of the American way, is in the group, save McCain? I didn't say he was perfect Trish, merely the most qualified. If you're looking for the one that's never told a lie...your search is far from over.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

you said he was the only one with integrity. a comment that i couldn't leave unchallenged. are you saying now that one can lie and keep their integrity?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Default The most interesting US election in (my) living memory

For Unity and hope - Obama
    For Competency- Clinton
    For Integrity - McCain

Perosnally, I'd if I had the vote. I'd go for Obama. The US more than ever needs a moral leader, an Abraham Lincoln or a FDR figure who can restore trust in the presidency. Failing, that McCain is someone who would think twice before committing your boys to a conflict based on false pretences. Clinton will do and say almost anything to get elected.

you said he was the only one with integrity. a comment that i couldn't leave unchallenged. are you saying now that one can lie and keep their integrity?
    I'm saying everyone has lied, at one level or another. That includes you and I. I don't believe in lies of varying shades of gray, but I also don't believe an indiviuals integrity and esprit de corps isn't defined by whether or not they have lied. Rather, the gravity and extint they may have done so, as well as other factors. I have every respect for you and believe you to have the utmost integrity, for I have no reason to question it, as I hope you do me.

You, obviously, must be guided by your particular set of principles, way your options and, make your best decision, given the information you have available to you. I am not attempting to sway your opinion, nor affect your decision. Consider all the information available, and not just what is available from the media. Feeling as strongly as you do about the statement McCain made, I suggest you question his motives by addressing him directly. Although the answer may not be directly from him, you will get an answer, and based on that response, then form you opinion. I know the man personally, and proudly say so.

With the ship of state foundering like the Titanic will a Paul (or possibly an Obama) be able to reverse the immense damage caused by the houses of Bush and Clinton? My guess is : "NO" The power brokers that profit from continual warfare are too firmly entrnched. The country is bankrupt. The powerful and a large part of the electorate are morally bereft. All we wait for now is the final dissolution of the US. It will be very painful for all involved.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Gold Poster

Given the state of this country, particularly its gloomy future, how can anyone -- ANYONE -- sans the rabid far-right, who wouldn't switch their political positions and ideology even if Bill Clinton demonstrated to them in person that he could indeed walk on water, even consider voting Republican? Have you been asleep these past eight years? Jesus. Did you miss the moron-in-charge invade a country that had did nothing to us all the while damaging our credibility and reputation worldwide, adding to this country's debt, and killing tens of thousands of people (right to life?)? Did you read the moron's budget proposal? Do you expect this country to improve under another Republican? Really? Reagan gave us our present debt and this moron added to it and some of you want to continue the insanity? ... I don't know where to begin? Sheesh.

If I were a Republican I'd hide my head in shame at this juncture in history.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein