View Poll Results: Who would you like to be the next President?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

31 26.05%
  • Barack Obama

45 37.82%
  • John McCain

25 21.01%
  • Mike Huckabee

2 1.68%
  • Ron Paul

16 13.45%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Vote for President

What is the mood outside of the beltway here in DC?

Out of the reamining candidates who would you like to see win?

What is you spin on the race for the Presidency?

Sorry peeps, but John McCain is the only one on that list with integrity, and the background to be "Commander in Chief" of this nations military.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

John McCain has integrity! That's a laugh. Just last summer he visited a market in Baghdad wearing a Kevlar vest and surrounded by security. He then lied directly into the cameras telling the world how safe it was there in Baghdad. He compared it to a outdoor farmer's market in the Midwest! All the while security was checking out everything that moved. The very next day the market was hit by terrorists and about a dozen Iraqi civilians died needlessly and more were painfully maimed. Why? Because John McCain had a fleeting political need to falsely advertise how well the war going in Iraq. Of course his actions only served to focus the violence of the insurgents on the very market he chose as his political backdrop. Did he later admit he was wrong about the safety of Baghdad market places? Did he later apologize for focusing if not catalyzing the violence that brought havoc to that market? No. He showed the same integrity that he showed when he joined the Keating Five in the biggest campaign finance scandal of the 80's; i.e. none.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Sorry peeps, but John McCain is the only one on that list with integrity, and the background to be "Commander in Chief" of this nations military.
    Not to mention he is then only candidate to stick to his convictions since the pre 9-11 years. People like to write him off as a war monger, but he clearly expressed his doubts about entering Iraq before it happened (something hillary did NOT do although she claims otherwise). After America already entered the war, he had to change up plans due to different circumstances, and realizes that you cant just pull out of the war now. Anyone who believes any different is either naive or blinded by hope.

I understand Romney would not be a popular choice on these boards, but he was most likely the best option for turning the economy around. Ron Paul is a great candidate in these regards as well, I absolutely agree with this policies on the Fed. I dont necessarily agree that that Fed needs to be completely changed, considering that it was worked well in the past. The European Union has modeled its banking system around ours because it works. However, we definately need a new head.

I believe the economy is the most important problem we need to fix, even over the war. I understand that you will come in with arguments saying that we need to pull out and people are losing lives, not to mention the tremendous costs of the war, but the quicker we pull the economy around the quicker we can get out of debt. We are constantly borrowing from China at an incredibly high interest rate. Inflation is at an all time high, and when it comes time to paying them back, the real value of money we will have to pay them will greatly outweigh the nominal value that we borrowed currently.

The major problem with fixing the economy at this time, is that a large part revolves around lowering taxes which would increase the velocity of money as well as GDP. With the war now and its excessive costs, I don't see how we can depend on borrowing more money for the war; I don't think we can afford to lower taxes unfortunately.

At this point I like McCain and hate Clinton, who is the most dishonest candidate, as long as the biggest flip flopper.

ALSO: May I suggest people backing up their views instead of just voting? I think this does two things. One is that it shows that people actually know why they're voting for a candidate and not just blindly following a majority or a popular name. Also, it can generate a decent discussion and we can all come out learning something.

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    John McCain has integrity! That's a laugh. Just last summer he visited a market in Baghdad wearing a Kevlar vest and surrounded by security. He then lied directly into the cameras telling the world how safe it was there in Baghdad. He compared it to a outdoor farmer's market in the Midwest! All the while security was checking out everything that moved. The very next day the market was hit by terrorists and about a dozen Iraqi civilians died needlessly and more were painfully maimed. Why? Because John McCain had a fleeting political need to falsely advertise how well the war going in Iraq. Of course his actions only served to focus the violence of the insurgents on the very market he chose as his political backdrop. Did he later admit he was wrong about the safety of Baghdad market places? Did he later apologize for focusing if not catalyzing the violence that brought havoc to that market? No. He showed the same integrity that he showed when he joined the Keating Five in the biggest campaign finance scandal of the 80's; i.e. none.
    trish...because of his stature, security measures such as those are going to be taken, even if he's in your house. Get a grip!

The McCain supporters are the most vocal here.

Seems to be that the people best suited to be president, don't want to be. lol

I don't like white people either.

If it's Clinton vs. McCain, I'll take McCain (ABB Hillary). If it's Obama vs. McCain, I'll more than likely choose Obama.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

trish...because of his stature, security measures such as those are going to be taken, even if he's in your house. Get a grip!
    oh so it's your contention that the market was perfectly safe... as safe as my own living room... and McCain's little show didn't endanger anyone, in spite of the fact that people died?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

As far as I understand the situation, the only real new face is Obama.

Hillary could be seen a novelty, but she has that surname that tells people that, if she win, there could be 24 years of only two families guiding the US. Otherwise, a woman as a president is a good choice.

Edwards was the only candidate who didn't accept funding from the lobbies... and we know how he ended.

Republicans (conservatises) are not up to the task of understanding the modern world nor to shape a world where everybody is welcome and can live, and it's the same all over the world.

All I can say is Check My Sig....... I don't think it matters either way at this point. No ones gonna save the world.

I don't like white people either.