Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Equilibriam was a weird movie indeed.

Equilibrium is the product of a gene splice between the Matrix, 1984, and Farenheit 451.

I liked it. But with Christian Bale and Taye Diggs, what wasn't there to like?? LOL

Felicia

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    I never did care for Eartha's version of the Catwoman, although her "purr" was certainly a cut above all the rest.

Speaking of the Catwoman, I'm still trying to figure out who it is that is advising Halle Berry on taking roles, such as that trainwreck of a movie she starred in as Catwoman last year (Since when did Catwoman go from villian to heroine ?). Luckily for Berry fans, she took the panning of that movie all in stride, up to actually accepting a Raspberry Award for it. That flick was the worst!
    I think that Kitt and Newmar each brought something quite different but very entertaining to Catwoman, and she certainly had a great purr.

The movie was definitely flawed, but for all that I still enjoyed Berry's performance in and of itself. Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman may be my favorite, though: psychologically damaged no doubt, her character was nicely ambiguous.

Which is also the case with the Catwoman in the comix, Real. Even back in the 50s and 60s she had a certain ambivalence, and in the 90s and beyond, as the trend to examining shades of grey rather than stark black and white stereotypes in villains in comix progressed, she became one of the best ambivalent characters around. Her closest match on TV is probably Amanda ("Raven") from Highlander and Raven TV shows, the 1200-year-old immortal who is one of the greatest thiefs in the world (a criminal, like Selina Kyle) but who also helps the innocent (if it doesn't cost her too much) and would never kill indiscriminately. And very nicely portrayed by the beautiful Liz Gracen.

The original hero-villain was probably Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner, who was both hero and villain all along. And of course Han Solo, whose character was eternally weakened by Lucas' ill-considered choice of having Greedo shoot first: much better character in the original release when Solo acts pre-emptively and shoots Greedo.

Sheesh, I sound like a fanboy. Better stfu and get back to work.

when I was a kid watching the show, I always wondered if Batman ever got to fuck Catwoman (the Julie Newmar one). I'm not sure Batman would have allowed himself to come under her spell. Sorta like the Superman-Lois Lane debate.

Then there was the story going around my school that Batman and Robin were homo lovers. Who's starts this stuff? (I think it was me)

my previous post earned me 43.35 points. how do I get it up to 44 even?

The Batman and Robin homo rumor was started on HA by Absolute Shade. (Just kidding, Shade!)

I think of late Batman and Catwoman have been having an affair. I don't follow the comix, so I could be offbase there, but that's what I've heard. Seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    my previous post earned me 43.35 points. how do I get it up to 44 even?
    I think it is 25 points per post plus .05 per each character entered. So if it was another 13 characters longer it would have been 44 even.

But do we know yet what the points earn us? And isn't a concise post which hits the nail squarely on the head worth more than a long, rambling, disjointed, befuddled, confused, ambivalent, wordy, extraneously elongated, filibustering, incomprehensibly comprehensive, antidisestablishmentantarianistically exaggerated, loooooooooooooooong (okay, so I'm reaching) post?

Whew.

P.S. I got no points for that, since I always seem to be exceeding the alloted number of posts...you mean they don't want us to post? Are they trying to reduce traffic? I get 37.35 (or whatever) points, then 55, then 43.45, then 98, then wham! I've exceeded the alloted number of posts. Meanwhile, Vicki is cruising upwards of 5000 points....

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Come on Ecstatic, you don't actually believe you'll beat Vicki in whatever this point thing is. Whatever the deal is, I'm fairly certain she figured it out already.

Oooh, that reminds me, I gotta check on my fantasy baseball team, see if they've hit rock bottom yet.