Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Who's the blonde starring in FF (What's she been in ?)? I heard she's a hottie.
    Jessica Alba (who's usually a brunette)

Felicia

Junior Poster

i'm in the minority in that i thought Batman was too slow and could have been even a bit darker. i felt completely detached i think in part because of the length. that first fight scene at the docks was pretty scary actually. i wish that the rest of the movie could have sustained more of that quality.

Veteran Poster

Big BATMAN FAN I saw it and stayed to see it again GREAT MOVIE.

Gold Poster

By he way, Frank Gorshin, who played the original Riddler in the 60's TV series rcently passed away.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0331319/?...T0x;fc=1;ft=20

... Does this new Batman have sequel written on it ? Like perhaps how he hooks up with Robin, among other things ?

I remember both those scenes, Honda, though not which comic the first one appeared in. Dark Knight Returns was a watershed moment in comix history. And Angela, I suggest picking up The Killing Joke, which was also one of the best Batman graphic novels ever. I'd say more, but I wouldn't want to give it away.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but likely will this week. I'm actually looking forward more to (and therefore more likely to be disappointed by) The Fantastic Four: Jessica Alba is cool, but Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm/The Thing and Julian McMahon as Dr Doom should be excellent.

flabbybody, Julie Newmar was the original Catwoman on the TV series, though I liked both her and Eartha Kitt's takes a lot (as different as they were). And Realgirls, the hot blonde in the FF is Jessica Alba, who is probably best known for her role as Dark Angel in the TV series of that title which ran for two seasons a few years back. The first season was excellent, and kept the mystery going, but the second season was a travesty and it deserved cancellation at that point.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    flabbybody, Julie Newmar was the original Catwoman on the TV series, though I liked both her and Eartha Kitt's takes a lot (as different as they were). And Realgirls, the hot blonde in the FF is Jessica Alba, who is probably best known for her role as Dark Angel in the TV series of that title which ran for two seasons a few years back. The first season was excellent, and kept the mystery going, but the second season was a travesty and it deserved cancellation at that point.
    I never did care for Eartha's version of the Catwoman, although her "purr" was certainly a cut above all the rest.

Speaking of the Catwoman, I'm still trying to figure out who it is that is advising Halle Berry on taking roles, such as that trainwreck of a movie she starred in as Catwoman last year (Since when did Catwoman go from villian to heroine ?). Luckily for Berry fans, she took the panning of that movie all in stride, up to actually accepting a Raspberry Award for it. That flick was the worst!

Saw Batman on Friday, absolutely the best movie I've seen all year, even for those that dislike the genre, comic films, it is still worth a viewing, simply a great movie first that just happens to be about batman, supporting cast superb, Christian Bale one of the best actor working today.

C'est La Vie!

Gold Poster

What was Christian Bale in before this ? I really need to watch something other than Three Stooges clips ya know.

... I really hope this new Fantastic Four movie isn't a letdown. The consensus here seems to be that Batman is a winner.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Rookie Poster

I know he was in American Psycho and a weird movie called Equilibriam.