Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P...

Junior Poster

Default R.I.P...

To Yahoo's "user chatrooms" that is...shit sucks but such is the way of the world...with AOL chat being null and void and now yahoo shutting down user groups...what's a chap to do to get his e-flirt on with the ladies???

And is it me or does it seem like Trannysuprise hasn't updated its site in like 2 years? Any new sites that we (the group members) should know about?

Fuck It.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

This I suspect is one of the first examples of sites closing because of the new laws - I've been using it for years.
    I expect people will go back to the original chat irc.
    http://www.mirc.com

Download from above and try it - used to be quite good and with nowhere else to go probably will be again
    seanchai

Junior Poster

From what I've heard, Yahoo had to close down user chats because their sponsors didn't like a lot of the user chat names. Mostly a lot of the Fetish chat rooms (the pedophile, incest ones) once they find a way to filter those chats out, user chats should return. Who knows when that will be though.

"Rice is good when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." -- Mitch Hedberg

Rookie Poster

tranny surprise updated last week but they do need a kick up there arse with updates

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    This I suspect is one of the first examples of sites closing because of the new laws - I've been using it for years.
    I expect people will go back to the original chat irc.
    http://www.mirc.com

Download from above and try it - used to be quite good and with nowhere else to go probably will be again
    seanchai
    you may want to give them a server to look into also, irc is overloaded with chat servers to use and also be sure to run your firewall on irc, and be sure to not just click links that pop up in the chat rooms.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default actually..................

actually yahoo didn't shut down their user groups, they just hid them
    the news station that put them on blast got them for rooms that really were inappropriate but in the end it turns out to be better for the yahoo chat users

here's the deal

we could all go on yahoo chat as long as some of us have each other on their buddy list and make a user room up and as long as its within their crappy 40 people limit it will be fine; sure it won't be seen but anyone who's done yahoo chat recently knows how much invisibility of a chat room can be an advantage........................ NO BOTS meaning NO BOOTING

with a definitive list of people in the room you would know what asshole was bringing bots in, if its all people you know its easier to weed out the bot users

as far as alternatives there is paltalk, but the free service sucks and the paid subscription goes up every year..............

best free chat next to yahoo has to be camfrog.................best voice servers anywhere and for small rooms you can set your own up with your pc or server if you wish

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Damn! Why do the haters be squealin'? Damn! Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spots but I never saw any Pedophile rooms.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

mainly in the romance section
    which makes you wonder what the reporter who got the story did in their offtime

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

you know i kind of agree with them shutting down the "dads fuck daughter" rooms and shit like that but rooms like BDSM, Transgendered, Gay, Lesbian, and Location chats didn't have to be x'd as well...it's all good...maybe that will boost the attendance and activity rate of sites such as this.

Fuck It.

Rookie Poster

Why not just create a better chat interface on this site and use that....you could get a program that hosts the chat directly on whatever server hosts this site, or one that mirrors an IRC chat room...but either way you can really get chat going on this site to replace what was lost on AOL and Yahoo....just an idea...