Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Professional Poster

Well, I look at other sources than Nasa for 2 simple words.....Brookings Report.

I'll stick to the independent sources myself.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Hi Trogdor.

What I mean to imply in the above post is that the Mars Explorer must’ve taken many more pictures of that same scene as it rode past. Your link only posted that one. And it didn’t give us a specific source for that pic. If we knew exactly when and where that photo was taken we could just asked NASA for the whole batch. Seeing the same scene from different perspectives, at even slightly different times and lighting might easily settle the issue as to whether some dude is walking across the landscape in that frame.

By all means we should look at independent sources. But I see no reason to neglect or suspect the findings of NASA investigations as well.

The Brookings Institute, forty six years ago, suggested that were artifacts of extraterrestrial origin ever to be found on the moon or the other planets their existence might alter remarkably the tenants of scientific and also religious practices. The Brookings Institute did not suggest that such artifacts were already known to exist and it did not suggest the government cover up such discoveries were they to be found. The Brookings Report suggested that such discoveries might have a profound effect on science and on our religious understanding. A government’s reaction to such a suggestion might be to suppress such discoveries, if they are ever made. I tend to think suppression is a policy that’s difficult to practice. Here’s why:

1) There’s no effective mechanism in place for policing the findings of NASA.
    2) There’s no motive for the actual researchers, their private or public institutions, or NASA to withhold scientific information from the public.
    3) The paradigm of science (to which NASA and its associated researchers subscribe) is the free exchange and open testing of ideas and data.
    4) There’s been no viable evidence that NASA has ever withheld or obfuscated scientific data. (Not to be confused with the obfuscation of safety investigations).

One has to realize that many small teams of nearly independent scientists work under NASA funding. For the purposes of argument, let say a team at Stanford discovers within the data of the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe a coded message from an extragalactic source. That team has no interest in keeping a lid on their discovery. Talk show appearances, academic prizes, fame and money are just one email message away. There’s no government policeman looking over them to enforce their silence. Stanford has no interest in keeping a lid on it. If Sanford can announce the discovery of the millennium, no threatened cutoff of government funding is going to stop them. NASA itself has no interest in keeping a lid on the discovery. Announcement of such a discovery would create so much public excitement the government wouldn’t dare cut NASA’s budget. Just the opposite, the government would have to put major money into the NASA for the investigation the discovery. If word leaks out from just one respectable source the discovery will be independently checked by every major institution in the world because the WMAP data is public. You can access it right now on the internet. It’s chocked full of information about the early universe and scientists around the world sift through it daily. This is the case with the data from all NASA projects (sometimes for a fee).

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

OK, I ran the photo through image enhancement and here's the result....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martian_figure_revealed_779.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	163232  

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Actually his name was Dr. Frank N. Furter
    i can't believe i got that wrong. it's obviously time for me to take in a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    OK, I ran the photo through image enhancement and here's the result....
    THat actually would be a huge accomplishment for this administration...which is why i can't believe this photo...lol