Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino 24

Default Rhino 24

24 hours and counting. After almost having surgery postponed due to an EKG irregularity, my rhinoplasty is set for tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous. But feeling good about my decision and have total confidence in the doctor. The procedure will be an "open rhinoplasty" , which is a less severe surgery. The nose bone will most likely not be broken. The change will be minor. A slight concave turn to my nose ridge and a slight reshaping of the tip. My doctor has never steered me wrong. I've been pleased with results working with him so far.

Wish me luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melissa746webcama_650.jpg 
Views:	992 
Size:	900.6 KB 
ID:	162945  

Good Luck

Professional Poster

Good Luck Melissa

Veteran Poster

All the best for ya!

Question: Why do they perform an EKG? I'm guessing it's to determine the risk of you ticker suddenly giving up under anesthetic. I ask because a lady I know has a mild heart condition and is determined to go ahead with her nip & tuck despite her GP's warning.

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshemales77
    All the best for ya!

Question: Why do they perform an EKG? I'm guessing it's to determine the risk of you ticker suddenly giving up under anesthetic. I ask because a lady I know has a mild heart condition and is determined to go ahead with her nip & tuck despite her GP's warning.
    You are correct, the reason is anasthesia can disrupt a heart with irregular electric flow.

as for your friend, all I can say is that is extremely unwise to follow through. I would never do this if a doctor warned me against it. In my case, the doctor ordered a nuclear stress test (which was hugely expensive and out of pocket) to assess my heart and then gave her okay for the surgery.

Best of luck Melissa.

Gold Poster

Good luck, Melissa.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by melissacarter
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshemales77
    All the best for ya!

You are correct, the reason is anasthesia can disrupt a heart with irregular electric flow.

as for your friend, all I can say is that is extremely unwise to follow through. I would never do this if a doctor warned me against it. In my case, the doctor ordered a nuclear stress test (which was hugely expensive and out of pocket) to assess my heart and then gave her okay for the surgery.
    Thanks the info Melissa, appreciate it. I'll make sure she checks up on the nuclear stress test.

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Best of luck, Melissa! I'm looking forward to seeing what you had in mind for that already pretty nose. I trust all your arrangements worked out, as you planned.

Luv ya!!!

It's over. The operation went well. I'm sore all over and high on Percoset. I'm a wreck. My face is swollen, eyes are bloodshot, and my throat is sore from that tube they put into my windpipe.

But it was all worth it. I love my new nose!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melissa749rhinoplastyb_196.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	163214