Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

That could be anything. The main question I have is: Why is the backdrop a constant total blackness? Was the month of August 2007, in Turkey, suffering the aftermath of a volcanic explosion which shrouded the skies with smoke? I don't think so, that probably would have made the news.

The time code on the camera is a bit odd, but that doesn't really prove anything. The earliest time stamp is 1:44 pm, and the latest is 4:00 am, relative to what one would expect to be daylight hours. But again, several factors could be at play there.

I also highly suspect the video makers dialog. Very calm, almost bored. They were filming a stationary UFO, at various times of the day, for a whole month and they sound like they are blabbing about having had a long day at work.

Why didn't they tell anyone else about this thing? It keeps showing up, and these dopes think the best idea is to just record the same basic footage repeatedly with the same crappy camera? No way.

I'm sorry, but I think that was nearly as bad as the "George Bush turning into a lizard" video. I'm not stomping on the idea that it might be a UFO, or that some actual UFO footage might exist. I just don't buy it, myself.

Silver Poster

Just once why can't two people who don't know each with two different camersa at two different sights record the same immage?

"How you doin!"

It is my belief that UFO's exist.

It is also my belief that this video is total bullshit.

It is of my belief that videos like this are released so that people can point to them and say "Told ya UFO's are fake"

Nothing more than disinformation.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

i think they exist but are way to smart to travel across the cold vast emptiness of space to get caught on tape by some asshole with a shitty HI8.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The observable universe is roughly 12 billion years old and stretches more than 3.7 kilo-parsecs across. It’s homogeneous and isotropic which ultimately implies the chemistry of Earth is repeated elsewhere on myriads of other moons and planets; i.e. we’re not alone.

At least in one sense we are not alone. On the other hand, among other things, we do not understand the evolutionary origins of life well enough to calculate how many civilizations the typical spiral galaxy (like our Milky Way) might house: maybe one, maybe less than one, maybe hundreds. Even if there were a civilization say halfway across the galaxy from Earth it would be 50000 lightyears away. If it were broadcasting a signal today we wouldn’t pick it up until fifty millennia past. We might not make that long. The most likely scenario is a universe which houses uncountably many civilizations but all of them so vastly separated by space and by time that they rarely if ever interact with each other. If a civilization is lucky, astro-archeologists from another and future world may discover its ruins and scavenge its knowledge.

It would be wonderful if warp drives and wormholes made the universe smaller than it seems to be. But so far we haven’t been able to build them; and we’ve seen neither evidence of starships, stargates nor even extraterrestrial signals. Were we receiving signals from another galaxy, or if we are being regularly visited by alien astronauts, we would know about it. Enough independent astronomers, universities and research centers have been gazing and listening with extremely expensive and sophisticated equipment that no government could possibly have made the discovery on its own and kept it secret. No professor or graduate student is going sit on her hands when fame, fortune and the most exciting news ever falls in her lap.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

If some form of alien intelligence was observing/visiting earth, this would be my take on the subject:

The rules of what we understand to be Physics couldn't possible apply to who or whatever was observing or visiting us, if that is happening. Crossing vast distances of space, among other things, doesn't work with the math we know. A good analogy would be a hyper intelligent cell in a petri dish (humans being that particular cell).

The cell somehow detects that it's under the lens of a microscope. It would be aware of the lens, but no matter how clever that cell was, it could only understand the presence of the lens. It wouldn't be able to understand that the lens was simply one part of a microscope. The cell couldn't see the microscope or even understand what a microscope was.

And that's just the microscope.

Who's looking through the microscope is the interesting question, and I don't think humans will ever understand it. We are just advanced cavemen, patting ourselves on the back for learning to sharpen rocks really well at this point.

I don't think advanced alien intelligence would arrive wearing silver suits and flying a saucer. I believe they would drive hot rods.

Trish and Honda, you both make great points. But, Honda I really like your petri-dish analogy. I think similarly, which henceforth, makes their technological capabilities out of the realm, of even our wildest imaginations. In light of this, our boundaries and constraints of "modern" physics, are theoretically nullified. Trish, you have to consider the potential advancements of beings that are so much farther evolved than us, on a cosmic scale. Bottom line is, we are not THAT advanced... or civilized for that matter!

Peace, El Nino

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Couldn't resist writing a friendly rebuttal. What can I say, it's a fun topic.

Rebuttal
    I think you sell us a little bit short. Sharpened sticks aren't nullified by swords and guns and neither will modern physics be nullified by the advances of other civilizations. Our knowledge and technology may be dwarfed by that of an extraterrestrial culture. But what we know will not all be nullified, because truth is independent the intelligence of the civilization that discovers it. Regardless of who knows it, a sharpened stick can puncture a potato, the Milky Way is 100000 light-years across, and Tom Cruise is an idiot. These truths I hold to be self evident to all intelligent agents.

There may well be technologies beyond our wildest dreams. Yet it didn’t take advanced technology for early American natives to see a see to a ship on the horizon and it doesn’t take more technology than we already have to scan the skies today. We spot new comets and asteroids all the time at the outer reaches of our solar system. We discover other planets parsecs from our own. If there were starships in Earth orbit we’d know about it. If the Great Pyramid housed the mouth of a wormhole, we’d already would’ve mapped the gravitational anomaly and traced the residual time dilation. It pretty safe to say no aliens are hovering Earth at the current moment.

If we ever are discovered by a civilization capable of traveling to our planet in a reasonable amount of time, no matter how miraculous their abilities seem to be, I don’t hold out much hope that their moral and spiritual understanding will be much more developed than ours. I expect we’ll be colonized and exploited in every way that we have and continue to exploit each other. When that happens, we’ll know about it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    The observable universe is roughly 12 billion years old and stretches more than 3.7 kilo-parsecs across. It’s homogeneous and isotropic which ultimately implies the chemistry of Earth is repeated elsewhere on myriads of other moons and planets; i.e. we’re not alone.

It would be an awful waste if we were alone. I've always thought that there must be life out there. The numbers alone make it very probable. What kind of life is an interesting question. Will they look like us( I doubt it, as we are the end result of a specific evolutionary track), breath oxygen (which can be poisonous), communicate verbally (?), a million other questions.

Oh, and I think the clip is a hoax.

Latest UFO sighting - Arabia

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.