Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy00010
    I own all of the MST episodes, and would definitely consider myself to be a profound MSTie. However, I have not ventured out to try Rifftrax or any of the new material. Something in me is a purist and I get nervous about new things like that. Are any of them worth it?
    I've seen a couple of the Rifftrax efforts, and they're hit or miss. I will say that I really enjoyed Terminator 3, and Battlefield Earth was a hoot (but talk about fish in a barrel). I haven't seen Troll 2, but the Something Awful connection sounds promising.

And I have to admit that Cinematic Titanic didn't thrill me the way it did most reviewers. It had its moments, but it wasn't 'like old times.' Hopefully that'll change as they get back into the groove. Still, you're cheating yourself by not digging in. There are some losers out there, but even the weakest efforts are at least as good as the later Sci-Fi channel episodes.

Default Cinematic Titanic returns!

They're going to be releasing three new episodes in coming months, and the trailer for the first is available online.

Why, there's the URL right now!

http://emailclub.cinematictitanic.co...&N=27&L=39&F=H

What's that, little URL? Oh, I see. The secret word is timetube. Neat.

I haven't done any digging to find out what the film was originally called. If you can save me the keystrokes, please do. (But I guess I could find out in under 30 seconds if I felt like it.)

Junior Poster

I also like MST3000, I don't have a ton of them, but I have seen a lot of them. I really like the shorts, "preparing for the all important career of being Mrs. something something", and I also loved Mitchel!. They really give ole Joe Don Baker a hard time. I love all the horrible sounds they make every time he moved or drank or ate. I also liked the one with that alien Clompy.

Default Doomsday Machine!

It's here. The new episode. Doomsday Machine. Available for quick 'n easy download, or by mail with a somewhat snazzy case. Anyone seen it? Anyone intend to see it? Anyone marginally interested in it? Which do you like better-- crinkle cuts or those really thick steak fries?

Allow me to answer my own question-- the second Cinematic Titanic effort is excellent. I was disappointed by Oozing Skull, but Doomsday Machine really did feel like the good ol' days.

I've also caught some Rifftrax efforts in the last few weeks. Troll 2? Decent. But it made me sad to find that I always find the 'special guests' to be funnier than the MST veterans (see Dark Water and Jurassic Park). As much as I hate to say it, they're coming across as aging hipsters, more focused on timely references (repeated ad nauseum) than funny. But I say that as someone who thought the Sci-Fi channel seasons sucked. Hard. So YMMV.

Did I mention that the trailer for the third Cinematic Titanic release is out? It looks terrible, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

A little late on this one, but Cinematic Titanic is back for their third installment-- the Roger Corman crypto-classic Wasp Woman.

Anyone? Anyone?

www.cinematictitanic.com

Rookie Poster

o

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Ludwig
    > Most Choice "Mystery Science Theater 3000" Quotes_

"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"["Pod People"]
    "Pepperidge Farm remembers! Pepperidge Farm Remembers!"["Pod People"]
    "It stinks!(whilst gesturing an A-OK sign and smiling)"["Pod People"]
    "Sleeep!"["The Undead", "The She Creature", "Operation Double 007", et cetera]
    "By the way, my car runs on green peppers, corn, chicken... onions."["Track Of The Moonbeast"]
    "Gymkata!"[Various]
    "Hykeeba!"[Various]
    "It'll be days before they're found, Cornjob will be bl-amed."["Prince Of Space"]
    "I don't care!"["Time Of The Apes"]

> I second the notion that "Rifftrax" shreds! I also really enjoy "The Film Crew"[which is basically analogous to "Rifftrax" except they riff the traditional low-budget films] because I really fancy Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbitt.
    I'm going to work under the assumption that 'shreds' means the same thing as 'crescent fresh.' I still haven't seen the Film Crew take on Killers From Space (or any take), but it's kinda neat-yet-scary that so many people are still approaching it as a Mike v Joel deal.

Personally, I'll take the Cinematic Titanic version. There's something a little embarassing about guys on the verge of fifty trying to make references to the latest Internet forward. I'll take references to the seventies that I don't always get.

Personal favorite? Possibly "This looks like a great place to sidehack." And for sheer versatility-- "It stinks."

Nice avatar, too. Who is that, and where can I get a pair of those socks?