Junior Poster

Default Just saw Cloverfield (Spoilers will be inside, but marks)

Ok, so I got the call from some friends tonight and went to go see it. The first thing I noticed is that the POV camera work really seemed to draw me into the film more. It felt more like an experience then like just watching shit happen.

*Spoilers ahead*
    The monster comes into the scene about 10~20 minutes into the movie, and it looks great. It looks like a mix between some sort of arachnid and a stereotypical lizard type monster, but I'm not doing it justice, it really looks cool. It also seems to drop some spiderlike offspring that cause a very gory infection on whomever they bite. The ending left something to be desired, but this is definately one of those movies I don't feel bad about paying the absurd prices for the theaters that damn near border strong arm robbery.
    *Spoilers Done*
    Definately one of the greatest monster flicks I've seen in a long time, definately worth the price, I'd give it an 8.5/10 The CG looks well done, and the (at times) grainy auto-focus of the handheld cam really add the to situation. Go see it. Do it now.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

stillies77

I feel the same way man...it was fucking great...PS it starts at the same time it ends...6:37 AM...weird...sequel should be good.

Junior Poster

Are the confirming a sequel my jazzhanded friend?

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

stillies77

yes my four eyed friend we are.

Junior Poster

Good, very good, I cant wait.

Rookie Poster

After I watched it I came to the conclusion that the whole point of the D.O.D classifying it was because at the end of the tape you see the monsters splashdown behind the ferry off in the distance. Its obscure, but its there and important.

The flower of my youth is the wreath on my coffin...

stillies77

I heard that...and now i want to see it again because of that...dammit.

Junior Poster

i didnt see that at the end either, i guess i will have to see it again too!

there were some things that got me pissed off at the movie, but overall i thought it was a good movie

the end is what really pissed me off
    i dont want to spoil it for anyone, so if you havent seen the movie PLEASE DONT READ AFTER THIS LINE

i didnt understand why the pilot was traveling the same direction as the monster
    im sorry, but i would definitely go THE OPPOSITE WAY!!

then the three friends survive the crash from skyscraper heights but the pilot and copilot dont survive?

they take Beth off of that metal spike in her chest, but she does not die from internal bleeding and she is able to run to the bridge in central park after they crash?

another thing that killed me was when they were in the subway tunnel
    they saw on the news earlier that those spider like things come off the main monster, but when they get into the subway they just sit there for awhile, then the rats start to run in the same direction, but rather than running they decide to turn on the night vision on the camera

i dont know, i really like LOST, but Cloverfield does not rank anywhere near as high as LOST, but it still was a decent movie