Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus

Old Biddy Silver Poster Gillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Hey, Willie....Buy this gray car instead!!!
    Unfortunately the world's moved on from leaf spring suspension ...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Shelf
    Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Hey, Willie....Buy this gray car instead!!!
    Unfortunately the world's moved on from leaf spring suspension ...
    The plain Z06 beat the Ferrari F430 and Porsche 911 Turbo around Nurembring. Maybe the world should go back to leaf spring suspension...

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amped4TS
    So what rockin' Toyota do you drive since that F.O.R.D. isn't available?
    I drive a Camry and a Corolla; the Camry is twelve years older than the Corolla. Both have been rock solid so far.

If I could afford that ZR1 (or a Corvette in general), there would have been one in my driveway yesterday.

As for the smart car, I'd actually roll one of those for the commute. When I go to clubs and other social events though, I'd roll my regular ride.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

I had a 2005 SVT Focus 5-door...the first and last year for the 5-door SVT because they disco'd the SVT after that model year. Mine was #486 out of 1200 or so production run. Fun car but I traded it in for a Nissan XTerra a little over a year later so I could have more room for gear when camping.

Followed some of the Focus sites while I owned one. Everyone was jonesing for the ST and bemoaning the fact that Ford would never bring it over.

Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share. The Big-3 are too busy catering to the American appetite for bigger and bigger SUVs and trucks when they should be going down the road of better gas mileage and, gasp, smaller and smaller cars.

Ford tried this in the 80's with the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti which didn't do so well...it's time to try again.

Default Re: Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade
    In America, we get the grey sedan, which is basically a radically reworked older model. In Europe, you folks get the all-new orange hatchback. It's decisions like this that shows why Ford is in trouble, and this is why I drive a Toyota. :x

I think the grey is WAY nicer than the orange (yuk!)

GOOD THINGS

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quad4
    Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share.
    GM does...in a way. Saturns are all basically Opels. Google the Saturn Sky and Opel GT to see what I mean.

They apparently did this to cut down on costs to produce the vehicles. Plus the build quality has improved as well. Check out the Saturn Vetra and Opel Vetra...they're the same car.

Now, when GM brings over the Chinese market only Buick Park Avenue...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

Ah, BUT, you guys don't have the same fuel costs as we do
    An imperial Gallon (8 Pints) at UK £4.75 costs roughly US $9.27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on a price of UK £ 1.04/litre

Quote Originally Posted by YorkDefender

There is no doubt, your fuel costs are criminally high, and always have been, by my recollection, compared to ours(which are also CRIMINALLY HIGH). However, all of us keep paying it, so they'll keep raising it!!! Kinda like a squirrel in a cage!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkDefender

Yikes. We should be right there with you in the near future!!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by quad4
    I had a 2005 SVT Focus 5-door...the first and last year for the 5-door SVT because they disco'd the SVT after that model year. Mine was #486 out of 1200 or so production run. Fun car but I traded it in for a Nissan XTerra a little over a year later so I could have more room for gear when camping.

Followed some of the Focus sites while I owned one. Everyone was jonesing for the ST and bemoaning the fact that Ford would never bring it over.

Ford and GM need to wake up and bring some of their Euro market vehicles over here...they'd retake some market share. The Big-3 are too busy catering to the American appetite for bigger and bigger SUVs and trucks when they should be going down the road of better gas mileage and, gasp, smaller and smaller cars.

Ford tried this in the 80's with the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti which didn't do so well...it's time to try again.
    You just wouldnt pay the prices Ford charge us in the UK for their cars its as simple as that. Most of what you buy in the USA is far cheaper than what we pay in the UK just check out our petrol prices for instance. Come on get real you guys have got it easy.

Katie,

Katie. Yep my avatar is me.

When asked by security to ID myself I took a small mirror from my purse, looked into it and declared " Yes that's me alright"