Thread: Daytona 500

Junior Poster

Default Daytona 500

OK, I know it's a tad early (and most of you don't care), but what are your predictions for the race, and the 2008 season?

I think it's gonna be a Hendrick Chevy winning the race and the championship, but as for which driver-luck will determine that as much as talent.

P.S. I will be there for the 500, go Dale!

Je suis Scottish Santa

Junior Poster

OK-turns out I will not be there for the 500, but i'm okay with that. Someone else has to have a pick for the race, it's only a few days away!

Je suis Scottish Santa

Rookie Poster

I luv me some Nascar boys, specially Montoya and Jr !!!!!

Who wins? Well i'd say it depends on whether the Toyota cars keep cockblocking Junior like they did today on the series race.

Hey, has anyone else noticed how much more understandable the draft graphs are this season? Sharp!!!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow ^_^

1st... Jr (it's destiny)
    2nd... Montoya (hehe, no wayz but he's mi papi!)
    3rd-4th-5th... Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Casey Mears. Today was a great day for Gibbs, but tomorrow will be AMAZING for the Hendrick boyz. Just called it.

Rookie Poster

I think the Roush/Fenway drivers will dominate as they always do.
    I root for all of the 5 drivers, but Matt Kenseth is the most consistent out of all the Roush drivers.
    Hendrick Racing is off to a slow start so far, but this weekend in Martinsville, I see the 24 of Jeff Gordon or 48 of Jimmie Johnson in victory circle. Hendrick has dominated Martinsville Speedway for the past 3 years. Their overall car of tomorrow package is not up to par with Joe Gibbs Racing or Roush/Fenway Racing at this time. That's why the results of Hendrick are subpar so far.

Rookie Poster

Looks like my prediction of Roush/Fenway is true so far! Carl Edwards wins at Texas today! 3 wins in the first 7 races so far! It seems the overall performance of Hendrick is still suffering, except for the 88 car of Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Staten Island's Wu Tang Clan!
    These guys are the best!