Default The UK T-Girl Scene

Just wondering if anyone who has been on the scene for a while (like 10 years) could post their opinion on how the scene has changed - and if they think its better now.

I only say this because if you go on, say, the WayOut club website and look at the pictures from the late '90s, it seems to be largely older cross dressers, while now there are loads of latinos, south east asians, Americans etc.

As I wasn't on the scene 10 years ago, I was just wondering what people like Prospero and BlueJay had to say about it?

the London scene has changed dramatically over the last 5/6 yrs

all the T places in london used to have a lot more people going to them and there was a lot more of a family feeling in some of the clubs

nowadays even though there are still a few people about since the earlier years its all a lot more people standing around not talking to each other

I know a lot of people on the scene and I do always try and chat to new people so that they dont feel so alone on their nights out as i did when i first started going to these places

people seem a lot happier to stay in their groups and not welcome everyone as they used too

Thats interesting to hear Farrah, I hadn't really thought about it like that.

By less of a family feeling these days, do you mean its more of a pick-up joint now, where people just go to pull?

Everything in life is our fault, but that's not our fault.

Junior Poster

I would second that.

In the good old days the wayOut would be full to the rafters every Saturday night.

Admittedly the club rules were very much "anything goes"!

There is a much wider acceptence of the TS scene in London amongst hetrosexual guys now and this has lead to an inbalance in the clubs as there just does not seem to be enough girls to round!

Now,every single guy is looking out for the very attractive TS girls basically for sex, but not willing to invest the time in a relationship.

Thats why most go home from the WayOut empty handed.

i think the girls are more feminine and cuter now compared to ever before. maybe because surgery has become more advanced, easier to access, etc. i don't know why.

london is still dominated by the TV 'scene' though, but pretty and passable TS's like farrah would have been almost non-existent ten years ago, so things are getting better.

Junior Poster

Would have to agree on that point,most girls in those days did not have implants,these days most do.

I think the airing of the Miss Transsexual awards on Channel 5 started to open the possibilities for girls,as did the first Jet Set film with joanna Jet.

Still to this day very few english girls on the London scene.

That's kind of what I was expecting people to say, and it deifnately true from my experience that the more feminine TS that I have met in London have almost all been non-English.

However, there are lots of hot British girls too, like Farrah and Alison Faraday etc.

Everything in life is our fault, but that's not our fault.

i don't want to contradict myself because i do believe things are better now in the UK than ever before but there is a long way to go still.

i went to the way out club last year for the first time not knowing what to expect. and to be honest i was disappointed at the amount of older cross dressers and drag queens in there. i think i saw eva vortex in there and she's very passable. there were a few others but few and far between, and they already had guys. i did get chatted to by a few tv's but i had to be polite about it. i left the place within the hour. the majority or "girls" were quite butch tv's, totally not feminine and looked quite ridiculous in make-up and dresses to be honest. i think alot of those people live their lives as men (albeit gay men) outside of those club nights at the weekends. some might even be straight and do it for a thrill, i dunno? believe me some of the guys were butch, old and hairy. it was a disappointment but i know a lot of people like that sort of thing (the place was packed that night). it's just a shame that the UK doesn't offer a purely TS club anywhere. well, if it does i'd certainly like to know about it. i'm sure if such a place existed it would be ten times more popular than the way out club, but maybe there wouldn't be that many 'girls' to fill it?!