Rookie Poster

Default ladyboy / ethinicity

I have always wondered, how come there are so "many" ladyboys in thailand, philipines.. etc. asian in general? Does it have something to do with ethnicity? You almost never hear about ladyboys in e.g. denmark, sweeden, norway.. or much of the rest of europe... and if you do, most of them are asian.

any good reason for this? Serious answers please

If you are literally referring to the word LADYBOY, it is a transliteration of a Thai word KATHOEY I believe, & the PI girls have embraced the english term from that.

If you are talking about transsexuals in general, there are plenty around every society, but the Judeo-Christian-Moslem based societies have more guilt based sexual codes than many other cultures, not all, that are for promoting childbearing heterosexual relationships. So a lot of non "straight" sex behavior is condemned one way or another, inhibiting people's behavior.
    Asian/Pacific cultures have a different core & it's less guilt based than status loss.

Also the ladyboy - gay classifications seems more fluid/interchangeable than ours & many of their male partners don't consider themselves gay.

Oh wait....that's on this forum too.

[/img]

Default Re: ladyboy / ethinicity

Quote Originally Posted by wetelsker
    I have always wondered, how come there are so "many" ladyboys in thailand, philipines.. etc. asian in general? Does it have something to do with ethnicity? You almost never hear about ladyboys in e.g. denmark, sweeden, norway.. or much of the rest of europe... and if you do, most of them are asian.

any good reason for this? Serious answers please
    Because in denmark, sweden and norway people don't sell their children into prostitution?