Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Will the movie "Cloverfield" live up to the hype?

I don't know. It seems interesting though.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Will the movie "Cloverfield" live up to the hy

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    I don't know. It seems interesting though.
    yeah seems interesting,but because it's so unorthodoxed, it'll probably turn
    alot of people off.

I'm thinking it will be alright. It's a good idea.

"What if Godzilla, or whatever, actually attacked a city, and people recorded it on video?"

That's pretty cool. I guess we'll see. General release is this weekend.

Rookie Poster

So far most of the early reviews have been quite positive, but then again like Ive learned from most things if u have a high expectation walkin in to see this movie then u might be let down, all Im saying is so long as they show a monster, some good destruction sequences and a half decent plot, then I will be satisfied, besides Im hoping There will be blood makes it to my town this week.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

PG-13 Rating turns me off, as does the "blair witch" type of camera work. Im gonna guess that its gonna suck, but i could be wrong.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

It could suck, but this from the producer of "Lost", so I'm thinking it will be pretty good. I grew up watching Godzilla and other monster movies, and they were campy and stupid. This is an interesting new take on that idea. What if a monster actually attacked a city? What the hell would a person do?

The normal reaction would be: "What? A giant monster? Get outa here. . . Oh, shit, what is that? OK, it's a fuckin giant monster. . . this sucks."

I'm just saying, it's a good movie concept. We shall see.

Rookie Poster

You guys have it right. Blair Witch means lousey monster action.
    I CAN wait as Abrams botches up the next Star Trek Movie. Want to see: www startreknewvoyages com go take alook at the AMAZING job they did.

Quote Originally Posted by VickisPal
    You guys have it right. Blair Witch means lousey monster action.
    I CAN wait as Abrams botches up the next Star Trek Movie. Want to see: www startrenewvoyages com go take alook at the AMAZING job they did.
    I forgot about the next Star Trek movie. I haven't really looked into that much yet. They picked a good guy for Spock, that's all I know so far.

Rookie Poster

Please go to www startreknewvoyages com and let me know what you think. Thanks

Junior Poster

They rarely live up to hype. The last hyped up movie I was satisfied with was 300.

This looks like it's going to a cross between Blairwitch and Godzilla. If I decide to see this one it'll be on DVD.

However I grew up watching Godzilla and Voltron but couldn't stand the Power Rangers. Go figure.

If they're going to do another Star Trek movie it should be with the cast of one of the later incarnations of the show. Half of the NG ones were good. I really wanted to see them do something more with DS9 or Voyager but the way they ended the show I guess it's going to be kind of hard. I know I'm going to see off GP so I hope it's good.