Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Did anybody see the Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles?

Did anybody see it and what did you think?

For me, cool so far. The ending threw me off a little bit though. I'm blitzed out of my mind so have a nice night or morning yall.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

that shit was actually good
    nice drop in for what should've been 24's opening night

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

I thought it was quite good.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

I like the hot new terminator model. The good one I mean.

When I read that Summer Glau would be cast as the new Terminator, I knew I had to watch it. She's fascinating as ever, though her character isn't quite as intriguing as that of River Tam in Firefly / Serenity. I also think Lena Heady and Thomas Dekker are well-cast in their roles.

I wonder about the chronology of the storyline, but from what I understand they've deliberately moved away from the timeline of T3 and follow an alternate timeline from T1/T2. How this juxtaposes with T4 (2009) remains to be seen. I think they will continue on a separate timeline, all of which is predicated on the basic conceit of the movie, that time travel to the past alters future events, leading to different results, so it's not actually conflicting to tell two different stories with the same premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    When I read that Summer Glau would be cast as the new Terminator, I knew I had to watch it. She's fascinating as ever, though her character isn't quite as intriguing as that of River Tam in Firefly / Serenity.
    Agreed. I liked Glau in Firefly, which made me want to give this series a shot. IMO, good casting does more to make a good sci-fi show than anything else (think Battlestar Galactica, etc.).

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I missed it, I was kicking it with Bmore's
    finest and baddest on HBO's The Wire.

I may have to catch it on DVD.

Matthew Gilbert, the Boston Globe's TV critic, says that the second episode, which airs tonight (the show's regular time slot, 9 pm), is much better written than the first. That sounds quite promising, as I thought the first episode as well crafted in many ways as the movies: not great literature, by any means, but solid story telling, decent characterization, and some nice twists (especially at the end).

Junior Poster

The second episode was pretty good. I think I'm going to ride this one out and see where it goes. It's already better than the supremely disappointing T3.

I concur the Wire is a great show. I've seen the first 3 seasons. I'm going to rent season 4 when I get a chance.

It's too bad Firefly didn't survive. I think they just put it on at the wrong time. The only reason I didn't watch it when it came out cuz it was competing with another show I already had an affinity for. However the movie Serenity did it justice. I'm happy to see Summer Glau again.

From my understanding The Sarah Chronicles will have nothing to do with T4. And T4 is supposed to pick up where T3 left off.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Terminator ended, for me, after the 2nd. I havent watched the 3rd or the show, and dont plan on it.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan