Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's my understanding too, after reading a bit about the different timelines of the movies and the show. One timeline: T1 > T2 > Sarah Connor Chronicles; other timeline: T1 > T2 > T3 > T4. I was disappointed in T3 and like T2 the best of the movies, but I think the show has real potential.

Part of what killed Firefly was sheer network stupidity, as they originally broadcast the series out of sequence, trampling the storyline in the process. Anyone who know Whedon knows that he builds a story arc very carefully, over a season or even several seasons (witness events in Buffy and Angel which took 1, 2, 3 or more seasons to unfold), and to air the story arc out of sequence is idiotic.

I liked Serenity, but actually preferred Firefly overall. If you've watched Firefly in proper sequence, you know how much better it is.

Junior Poster

I like Whedon's work, most notably Buffy and Angel, never got a chance to see Firefly though.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

You should check it out. Firefly is the wild west in outer space. It's layered with mystery and offers fascinating, conflicting characters. It stars some superb actors: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres (one of my favorite actresses), Summer Glau, Ron Glass (remember Barney Miller?), Adam Baldwin (not a great actor, but a decent tough guy), and the indescribably beautiful Morena Baccarini.

Rookie Poster

Default Not Terminated by the Executives ...Yet.

I liked the first episode.
    The second was slow and typical of a standard half hour drama turned into an hour.
    I switched it off after some talk of drug use.
    Needs better writers and ACTION.
    Summer Glau is weak looking. The Terminator looked like a Euro thug.
    Poor Casting.
    I would have thought that for the Terminator and Terminatrix some tuff guys and gals from the World Wrestling Assoc would have made more of a dramatic presence.
    Thats the problem today weak drama no action.

Be Well Be Safe