Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

You also said "fucking"

"gotcha. it's cool. was kind of confusing. i'm not gay, but that is a good pic of you" yngtxmale24: "straight" male to another "straight" male

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

diseases are catastrophes. i don’t promote disasters of any kind. i just think they’re numerous enough and they cost enough lives without humans helping them along.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

<-- click this :P

"gotcha. it's cool. was kind of confusing. i'm not gay, but that is a good pic of you" yngtxmale24: "straight" male to another "straight" male

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

sorry, i don't trust you enough to click that

and besides, it's time to eat supper and watch the PBS News Hour. I'll catch up with you later. nice talkin' crayons.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Crayons who decides who lives and who dies? And what if those marked death decide not to roll over and die? What you propose will cause conflict. And what happens if those who make those decisions are killed?

Your argument is flawed. Your talking about forced egalitarianism not equal opportunity. EO implies that you won't attempt to impede the progess of others via unfair discrimination. For example you may have schools for flying open to "everyone " but your still not going to accept a blind man. It goes against logic and safety. EO doesn't mean a quadripeligic is on the track team or that a child molester will be allowed to work with children. I wouldn't let a pyromaniac handle the fireworks. They are obviously unfit for the task. Another thing is the examples you've chosen aren't good being a child molester, and murderer are both illegal activies. Those caught doing these things are separated from the community at large. If these people never committed these crimes then they are allowed to interact with everybody else.

EO- basically your allowed to try out but if you don't make the cut then exercise your EO elsewhere in a different field. EO doesn't mean your guaranteed a spot on the team. Unfair discrimination impedes this process, because a person can't try out because their skin is too dark.

Completely off topic question for you Shadowmaster: did you get your name from The Black Company novels by Glen Cook?

I aplogize for the interruption. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

"Those who would give up essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security..."

Benjamin Franklin

Junior Poster

SarahG I don't think you read my posts thoroughly.

I do believe systematic discrimination is wrong cuz I also said:

How do you build a house if your enemy holds all the materials and tools?

I was just saying preference can also backfire for example:
    Ancient Greek Aristocrats and Royalty had plumbing but other people didn't. Seems good but they also were also suffering from lead poisoning so each successive generation born was in worse shape than last. They suspect this is why folks like Nero and Caligula were crazy. Somebody already used the sickle-cell example but that's what I meant. I didn't mean the systematic mistreatment others should be allowed because it might make them better. Some perform well under strife and some don't. We strive to help people perform at optimal levels for their own benefit and the benefit of society as a whole.

I don't believe college should compulsory. College is not for everyone. However I believe school that don't perform well should be given the necessary attention to change this trend so that they produce more students that are college ready or can at least help students improve that are college interested.

And as far as people indifferent to their own existence. I say suffer the consequences. I can't do anything for anyone who doesn't value their own life. Corruption continues because people believe they can't do anything about it and/or they're unaware of the wretched state of things.

Junior Poster

Well thefrakkincaptain it's actually not quite that deep. I got my name from Double Dragon the video game mostly. It also symbolizes for me people who run things unseen. The real puppeteers. It also means being someone who is aware of movements taking place around them and navigating successfully around these unseen obstacles. I do my best to see what is hidden because knowledge is power. People who know how the secret machine operates can manipulate to their favor sort of like Dark City and The Matrix. That and I like villainous names and horror novels. Don't know why? Maybe I liked playing with Snake Mountain too much as a child.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaster
    Crayons who decides who lives and who dies? And what if those marked death decide not to roll over and die? What you propose will cause conflict. And what happens if those who make those decisions are killed?

Your argument is flawed. Your talking about forced egalitarianism not equal opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by crayons
    I'm one of those people that believe in Population Control: i.e. the eradication of useless people though what merits these individuals should be held upon and the criterion for which should be judged is still cloudy (at the moment).

Junior Poster

Well I'm sure you Idi Amin and Adolf would have a hell of conversation.

Who decides who useless? And useful for what? And what flaw warrants death? And if your related to someone deemed useless would you allow them to be executed for this status quo? The mere suggestion of this would lead to strife. It sounds to me like your advocating war because that's what this would lead to. Or would you enforce this via secret police? Or would round up them all and mass execute them? There's just no nice to perform mass murder. Believe me the Nazis tried and they were damn efficient at it! If you were deemed useless would you volunteer to be executed? And again who would you give this authority too? Will we execute for felonies and/or inherent frailties? Sorry Grandma today is your expiration date but you die for the sake of the people so you should really be happy. Deeming someone useless would make them a non-person. When people attack others they often dehumanize their victims before the assault begins hence the myriad of racial, ethnic, and sexual epithets. But when you break it down translated, you're not like us or what is deemed acceptable therefore it is okay to mistreat people.

Have you ever actually killed/executed someone? Could you look a friend or family member in the eye and say its for the strength of the nation that you die? How exactly would execute them? Firing squad, guns, hanging, lethal injection, etc. Is it okay to torture them before you kill them because it's not like your going to let them live anyway. Or is it more inhumane to torture someone before you murder them? Whoever came up with the criteria would be bias because people are inherently bias based off their beliefs and life experience. How would solve that?

I just want you to work this plan out thoroughly so I can prepare for the NEW WORLD ORDER.