Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Results

Junior Poster

Default Iowa Results

So...Huckabee or Obama, whoddathunkit?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Lookin' like Obama. The dems got three times the turnout the repubs got.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I couldn't be happier. Obama won, and it looks like that idiot Hillary will come in third. On the Republican side, Romney didn't win, and that was huge (and welcomed).

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

the margin of victory for Obama in Iowa was huge.
    next stop New Hamshire and onto to the White House

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    the margin of victory for Obama in Iowa was huge.
    next stop New Hamshire and onto to the White House
    His victory speech was phenomenal!

http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...HQFeature/CxBX

The Commander
    DIA

It's always an eye opener to see how many people will vote for a guy who has nothing to show for himself other than his "I Love Jesus" tatoo in the middle of his forehead.
    I was taught that in our country there is an absolute division between religion and government. I find it un-american to vote for a guy just because he wears his religion on his sleeve.
    I can only hope, that if Huckabee actually wins the nomination, the Dems won't do their usual "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"routine.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by eggbert
    I can only hope, that if Huckabee actually wins the nomination, the Dems won't do their usual "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"routine.
    He can't win the nomination. Iowa has a large block of Evangelical voters, and they were looking for a candidate. Thompson was supposed to be their boy, but it turns out he's pretty much a lump, and they don't trust Romney, McCain or Rudy. He energized them and they apparently were the ones who came out and voted.

When he goes to pragmatic state of NH, his fundamentalist beliefs will cost him big. And they won't fly in the big Tuesday primaries in early February.

I think the real loser last night was Romney...he spent a ton of dough and couldn't win, and now he's in a dead heat with McCain in NH, where he should be kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    He can't win the nomination. Iowa has a large block of Evangelical voters, and they were looking for a candidate. Thompson was supposed to be their boy, but it turns out he's pretty much a lump, and they don't trust Romney, McCain or Rudy. He energized them and they apparently were the ones who came out and voted.

When he goes to pragmatic state of NH, his fundamentalist beliefs will cost him big. And they won't fly in the big Tuesday primaries in early February.

I think the real loser last night was Romney...he spent a ton of dough and couldn't win, and now he's in a dead heat with McCain in NH, where he should be kicking ass.
    Agreed on all points. Great assessment, Oli. IMO, if Romney doesn't win New Hampshire, he's finished, which would be fine by me.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli

Yeah, I know all about the godsquad in Iowa, but with only 5 days to think about it, & the Huckabee tidal wave all over the headlines, IMO Huckabee is going to do better than most people think in NH.

I don't think he will. Religion is not a big draw in NH.