Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Wing Fans.

Junior Poster

Default West Wing Fans.

I'm really hoping that Obama is the candidate for the Democrats. I think he is amazing.
    And if McCaine some how manages to claw back and get the Republican nomination, just think about what this election will look like.
    I think West Wing fans will be extremely familiar with the scenario.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i used to like McCain...not too long ago...that was before he gave in and approved the administration's Torture Bill.

Then just a few months ago, wearing a bullet proof vest and surrounded by security he goes to an Iraqi market making a big deal how safe it is. he announces that it's just like market square in the american midwest. the next day, in response, that very market is the target of terrorist bombs. a score of innocent civilians are killed.

so i do a little reading on McCain and find out in the eighties he's one among five senators investigated for savings and loan fraud. the allegedly corrupt senators were known as the Keating Five. I'm no financial whiz, but as i understand it, home loan associations and banks were taking advantage of Reagan's deregulation of the home loan industry and of perspective home buyers. sound familiar? a lot of ordinary people lost their shirts. so there's a federal investigation of the thrifts by one Mr. Edwin Gray. Gray claims under oath to have been pressured by the Keating Five to ease up on the investigation. Turns out the Keating Five received well over a million dollars in campaign contributions from Mr. Keating. and so it goes.

apparently McCain saw the light and became a big campaign finance reformer. not that he or anyone else was ever successful in making substantial reforms. anyone here have a take on all this?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

1977 -- Hillary Rodham Clinton joins the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock, Arkansas.

1978 -- The Clintons and the McDougals borrow nearly $200,000 from Citizens Bank to buy scenic though remote land along the White River in Flippin, Ark. Without telling Citizens Bank, they borrow $20,000 from another bank to make the down payment.

1978 -- Mrs. Clinton begins trading commodities with an initial investment of $1,000.

1978 -- Clinton is elected governor of Arkansas.

1979 -- James McDougal joins Clinton's gubernatorial administration as an economic advisor.

1979 -- Mrs. Clinton closes out her commodities account after making nearly $100,000.

1979 -- The Whitewater Development company is formed, with ownership shared between the Clintons and McDougals.

1980 -- McDougal quits his job with Clinton and buys a bank in Kingston, Ark., that he renames Madison Bank & Trust Co.

1980 -- Clinton loses his re-election bid for governor. Mrs. Clinton calls McDougal asking for money.

1980 -- Mrs. Clinton borrows $30,000 from Madison Bank to build a model home at Whitewater.

1982 -- The McDougals buy a savings and loan bank and rename it Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan.
    Annoucement

1982 -- Clinton wins back the governorship.

1983 -- Clinton borrows $20,000 from the Security Bank of Paragould to reduce Mrs. Clinton's Madison Bank loan.

1984 -- Clinton jogs over to McDougal's office and asks him to help Mrs. Clinton by giving business to her at the Rose firm. McDougal agrees.

1985 -- Mrs. Clinton meets with McDougal, and he agrees to pay a monthly retainer to the Rose firm.

1985 -- McDougal barters the remaining Whitewater lots to Chris Wade for an airplane and the assumption of $35,000 in bank debt.

1985 -- Mrs. Clinton angrily rebuffs the McDougals' effort to have the Clintons sign over their interest in Whitewater.

1986 -- The McDougals separate.

1986 -- McDougal is forced to resign from Madison Guaranty.

1986 -- Mrs. Clinton ends Rose's retainer agreement with Madison.

1986 -- Mrs. Clinton again refuses to transfer the Clintons' interest in Whitewater to the McDougals.

1986 -- Mrs. Clinton balks at giving Susan McDougal a financial disclosure form for Citizens Bank, now renamed 1st Ozark National Bank.

1987 -- Mrs. Clinton deals directly with loan officers at 1st Ozark and assumes control of the Whitewater investment.

1987 -- Clinton signs a bill expanding branch banking, a statute that primarily benefits Twin City Bank, the parent of 1st Ozark.

1989 -- Madison fails in March, costing the taxpayers $60 million.

1989 -- McDougal is indicted on charges relating to the Castle Grande, a Madison-funded real estate project Rose attorneys, including Hillary Clinton, worked on.

1990 -- McDougal is acquitted of the charges.

1990 -- Clinton tells McDougal's lawyer he wants out of Whitewater, but Mrs. Clinton again balks.

1991 -- Clinton announces he is running for president.

1992 -- Mrs. Clinton again refuses to relinquish the Clintons' interest in Whitewater.

1992 -- Clinton is elected president.

1992 -- McDougal and Vince Foster, representing the Clintons, sign papers selling the Clintons' interest in Whitewater to McDougal for $1,000.

1992 -- Clinton's presidential campaign, responding to pressure from the media, issues a statement that the Clintons did nothing improper with Whitewater dealings.

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Platinum Poster

So what's your point, gump? Clintons bad, GOP good? Get some new material...not that it's going to help your lost cause any... because you're outta there, slick!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Well that's all very interesting about the Clintons & all, but of course all that's public record. Just about everything about the Clintons is public record because a bank of lawyers & investigators, spending millions out of their blank check, with the most widespread subpoena power ever seen, spent 5 years looking under every rock to try & find something illegal that the cCintons had done. They found what? Oh yeah. Bill got a blow job & Hillary didn't divorce him. I would venture to say that there's nobody on this planet that's been vetted as intensely as the Clintons. So what?
    (well... maybe Brittany Spears)

Being from Arizona, & watching his rise into politics, I've never been a McCain fan. Despite his apparent moderation recently, he's still a kind of shill for the pentagon. He promotes military expansionism & seems like he'd be quick on the trigger. I think we've had enough of that, all the way back to the '50s.
    But then again, McCain hasn't won anything yet. Iwoa was won by Huckaby. It's going to be real interesting to see all the Hanna-Barbera dog analogies if Huckleberry gets the GOP nod.

Obama on the other hand did win Iowa. If he gets the nod from the dems, don't kid yourselves that this will be some high-minded civil campaign like the one depicted in "the West Wing". The websites are already popping up, emphasizing his middle name, claiming his loyalties are to the African continent, rehashing the FOX lie that he was brainwashed in a madrasa while he was a child in Jakarta. He's going to be under a microscope like we've never seen in American politics.

No matter who runs in the general, get ready for nastiest & pettiest campaign we've ever seen.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

rehashing the FOX lie that he was brainwashed in a madrasa while he was a child in Jakarta.
    I've never seen this on Fox. Maybe it was another false accusation by Overpuke on MSLSD.

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    rehashing the FOX lie that he was brainwashed in a madrasa while he was a child in Jakarta.
    I've never seen this on Fox. Maybe it was another false accusation by Overpuke on MSLSD.
    Not saying that I support all this Fox Bashing, but here it is:

This didn't originally come from Fox, but shame on them for reporting it.

Get serious. All Fox said was that he attended a Madrasa. I didn't realize telling the truth was bashing. They also uncovered the fact that he smoked. Oooooh! BTW they never said he was brainwashed. The commies continue their bias and lies...Obama's muslim background is sacred yet the communists can shit all over Romney for being a Mormon. Go figure.

McCarthy was right.

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Platinum Poster

McCarthy was a pussy...what we need is a Grand Inquisitor to root out all these commie bastards that are trying to turn Capitol Hill into Red Square!

The only good commie is a dead commie!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

All Fox said was that he attended a Madrasa.
    That's the lie.
    There's no Muslim background either. Obama was raised Catholic. As a child, before his parents got divorced, the family lived in Indonesia for a few years where he attended public school. I would imagine he was exposed to Islam since he was surrounded by it.

So guyone: Since you seem hellbent on perpetuating the lie, I'm going to assume that you're either misinformed, plain stupid, or just another liar. Which is it?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~