Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default BARRACK OBAMA! Democratic Nominee.... Who should be VP?

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri...ults/state/#IA

The people of Iowa have choosen the best most electable choice. Obama will win if he is the nominee for two reasons. We are tired as a nation of republican rule. and...

THE PEOPLE OF ILLINOIS WILL VOTE FOR HIM. He will win his home state IL and our 21 electoral votes. This is his home state because he came in and took the seat that Hillary the carpetbagging bitch though was not good enough for her. FEW IF ANY have won the presidency w/o their home state voting for them.

Enough people have seen through her cynical political opportunism to know what kind of person Hillary is. This is the right time for a Black man or a woman to be President....Hillary just is not the right woman.

I think we can now say Barrack will be the nominee if they so called "super delegates" break the way the pleged delegates did. If they do then for the first time in a long time we may see one party win all but one or two states. Something that hasn't happend since 1984 when Ronald Regan destroyed Walter Mondale.

_____

Even more than before Obama can now be said to be the Heir apparent to the office of president.

Clinton would need to win ~65% of outstanding pledged delegates to overtake Obama. But this is not over. My father says McCain could fool around and win. I agree. If the democrats break for a "experience" candidate that person is Mc Cain.

Barrack Obama made every kind of mistake possible. He as a politician did the unthinkable.... He told the truth about some of the white people one will meet in the rural Midwest. He called his grandmother "gasp" a "typical white woman". (I have heard that statement taken out of context and twisted all around it sickens me.) So of course he looses there by a whooping 10%!....

You know what.

It dose not change any of the mathematics. He is ahead in the popular vote, and the pledged delegate count. It may even be such a lead that with Florida and Michigan counted he would still have the lead. (In one state Hillary was the only candidate on the ballot). The mathematics and logic should win. They should tell Hillary a supposedly reasonable logical person that the game is up.

Personally against McCain Obama my not win my vote. I mean a democratic house, senate, and president might not be in my interest.... The last time that happend the budgets of big science projects were cut so badly that the field I want to work in still has not really recovered.

Rookie Poster

I was born in South Africa and since being in the US have seen just as much racism as in South Africa then. The US is just more on the dl about it. This under current would prevent a black person being president. I would love to see it but don't think I will.

5 Star Poster

Perhaps. But I think that it is about time the USA had a black president. It is a lock that the US will either have a black president or a black vice president in 2009.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Perhaps. But I think that it is about time the USA had a black president. It is a lock that the US will either have a black president or a black vice president in 2009.
    Obama won't take the VP job. If he doesn't get the nomination, he'll wait and take the top job in 2016.

5 Star Poster

or 2012 if the next president sucks.

Default Re: BARRACK OBAMA....Son Of Illinois... Winner in Iowa....

Enough people have seen through her cynical political opportunism to know what kind of person Hillary is. This is the right time for a Black man or a woman to be President....Hillary just is not the right woman.[/quote]

I agree that Hillary is an opportunistic politician (you do have to get elected), but I don't understand the cynicism you attribute to her. She has a laudable resume and has been involved in many fights in favor of childrens rights, health benefits for the uninsured, civil rights, etc. I for one would have no problem voting for either Hillary or Barrack. Being in NJ, a state who's primary is inconsequential, all I can do is wait and see who ends up on the ballot in November.

Yusef, I disagree. Yes, this country still has a lot of racists, but Obama seems to be able to get the votes despite that. Is it because he speaks without a trace of ebonics? Is it because he's light skinned? Probably has something to do with it. Also, don't forget he's only half black. His mom is white. This goes back to the old argument of how black do you have to be to be black. Anyway, I think that of all the candidates, Obama is the candidate of change, and it looks to me like he's the man to beat.

The squeaky wheel...

I don't think Americans in general were ever all that racist. Not like they're depicted in pop-history anyway. There's always been assholes & there still are, but was that ever majority thinking? It's been a hot button issue now & then, but it's always a handful of loudmouths when you look close. Even the terrorism of the Klan knew no racial boundaries. White people in the south were happy at the demise of that organization because they were just as much under their thumb as black folks.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Obama has a chance. He has charisma. Yeah he's black. In 1960 JFK was catholic. No way a catholic could get elected! But he did. 47 years later, I would give a black man the same odds as a catholic in 1960.

They say he's a senator and never ran anything. JFK was a senator who never ran anything. Will he prevail. Depends on him and the orgaization he's assembled (he runs this). We shall see. I hope he's the real deal! We will see over the coming six months.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yusef64240
    I was born in South Africa and since being in the US have seen just as much racism as in South Africa then. The US is just more on the dl about it. This under current would prevent a black person being president. I would love to see it but don't think I will.
    I was on project in S.Africa in December and going back in January and February. And I was very intrigued by all of the conversations I had with white and black S.Africans. They speak more openly about these things, at least they did to me. And I was struck by the similarities of race relations between the 2 countries. Americans are just not objective about the undercurrent of racism here.

Obama is a transcendent candidate. It's intriguing to me that while campaigning non-stop in Iowa and New Hampshire, he is taking time out to call important politicians on both sides in Kenya, which is really undergoing a lot of electoral upheaval right now. I think African-Americans will respond positively to a candidate who actually cares about what's going on within the African continent.

5 Star Poster

@ hippiefriend.

Oh yeah I'm sure that slavery thing was just a 400 year mistake. I'm sure my ancestor who was brought to virginia on a dutch ship in the 1620's just misunderstood something. Then therefore he is at fault for it. Opps our bad /sarcasm

@ eggbert.

Are you from Illinois?

Progerssive's from Illinois were looking forward to having Hillary run for senate here after her husband was no longer president.

While bill was president and before Hillary was Ms. Chicago. She was at 1/3 to 1/2 of Cubs homegames. Bill was in chicago quite often....he liked to helicopter into downtown and land a Meigs field (yes we used to have a nice airport for small planes right downtown). It seemed clear where they were going to go after bill was no longer president.

In stead because of political timing and opportunity we see Hillary WEARING A YANKEES BASEBALL CAP AND SAYING SHE WAS ALWAYS A YANKEES FAN! [i]That and she did not even feel her home state which loved her like a daughter was worth waiting for...so she could run against Peter Fitzgerald or whoever the IL republicans put up against her in 2004.

Instead Barack Obama ran against Jack Ryan who had to drop out of the race because his wife Jeri Ryan (7/9 from ST:Voyager ratted her husband out for wanting to go to swingers bars). He won and in the process gained such notieriety that he could run for president.

Wheras if Hillary had run for senate in IL she would have his seat and Barack Obama would just be a obscure state senator.

This truly is a case of one's chickens comming home to roost!