Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Rap and hip hop: R.I.P.

I have to get this off my chest. Stop playing shitty rap at clubs. Soulja boi is shit. The lyrics don't mean anything. Rap and hip hop no longer have substance. It died with Public Enemy and Eazy E.
    I can't tell you how annoying it is to be in a club somewhere and hear some retard shout "Crank That Soulja Boi!" or as was the case a few years ago "Play some Eminem!" These chants are slowly becoming the mantra of the retarded.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    don't open your eyes
    you won't like what you see
    the devils of truth steal the souls of the free
    I have found
    you can find
    happiness in slavery

Gold Poster

Default Re: Rap and hip hop: R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by loosenoose24
    I have to get this off my chest. Stop playing shitty rap at clubs. Soulja boi is shit. The lyrics don't mean anything. Rap and hip hop no longer have substance. It died with Public Enemy and Eazy E.
    I can't tell you how annoying it is to be in a club somewhere and hear some retard shout "Crank That Soulja Boi!" or as was the case a few years ago "Play some Eminem!" These chants are slowly becoming the mantra of the retarded.
    Agreed,i don't listen to any of that garbage.Crank that superman and crank that batman are two of the most retarded songs i've ever heard.I like old school hip-hop like run dmc and kustis blow.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Agreed,i don't listen to any of that garbage.Crank that superman and crank that batman are two of the most retarded songs i've ever heard.I like old school hip-hop like run dmc and kustis blow.
    Your profile picture is making me kind of sick.

don't open your eyes
    I have found
    you can find
    happiness in slavery

Gold Poster

lol sorry dude i lost a bet.

Rookie Poster

Get used to it. A lot of the profile pictures are wack. Lots of gambling issues here on HA it seems. LOL

Back on topic, not that I am an expert, but there is some good hip hop/rap out there still. Common is good, and Jurassic Five reminds me a lot of the old-school days.

I think most modern music is shite, no matter what genre.

Veteran Poster

Dizzee Rascal, The Streets, M.I.A. have had some really fantastic releases of late.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    Dizzee Rascal, The Streets, M.I.A. have had some really fantastic releases of late.
    anime sucks way hard man

don't open your eyes
    I have found
    you can find
    happiness in slavery

Veteran Poster

Very good, what the hell has anime got to do with hip hop?

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Professional Poster

It's out there, it's just not on the radio anymore.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    Very good, what the hell has anime got to do with hip hop?
    I just saw your name

don't open your eyes
    I have found
    you can find
    happiness in slavery