Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Beandip...you and the book "Blow Back" are not all right but, you're also not all wrong. I am, respectfully, unable to expand any further on the matter.

5 Star Poster

Here is another picture. It appears to be a split second after the explosion. It is blurry so I took the liberty of circling a blur that looks to me to be Ms. Bhutto still standing up after the explosion. This would conflict with much reporting that has her being shot then the explosion.

It almost looks as if as the explosion happened she was still waving to the crowd. Look at her right hand (on the left of the photo).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	she_didnt_stand_a_chance_171.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	157066  

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Beandip...you and the book "Blow Back" are not all right but, you're also not all wrong. I am, respectfully, unable to expand any further on the matter.
    Corvette, would you feel comfortable giving a very general explanation as to what is right and/or what is wrong with the book? (I was considering picking is up.) If not, I more than understand why.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

ISI, warlords are main suspects in Bhutto killing: Reports

PTI
    Friday, December 28, 2007 18:04 IST

LONDON: Pakistan's powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) and Islamist militants are the main suspects in the assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto, British media reported today.

"The foreign and Pakistani Islamist militants saw Bhutto as a Westernised heretic and an American stooge and had repeatedly threatened to kill her."

"But fingers will also be pointed at ISI which has had close ties to the Islamists since the 1970s and has been used by successive Pakistani leaders to suppress political opposition," The Times, daily, reported.

Bhutto narrowly escaped an assassination attempt in October when a suicide bomber struck at a rally in Karachi to welcome her back after eight years in exile.

Bhutto had said after the attack that she had received a letter, signed by someone claiming to be a friend of al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, threatening to slaughter her like a goat.

Earlier that month two Pakistani militant warlords based in the country's northwestern areas had threatened to kill her. One was Baitullah Mehsud, a top militant commander fighting the Pakistani Army in South Waziristan, who has ties to al-Qaeda and the Afghan Taleban.

The other was Haji Omar, the leader of the Pakistani Taliban, who is also from South Waziristan and fought with the Afghan Mujahidin against the Soviets in Afghanistan.

But she also accused Pakistani authorities of not providing her with sufficient security, and hinted that they may have been complicit in the Karachi attack.

Bhutto indicated that she had more to fear from unidentified members of a power structure that she described as allies of the 'forces of militancy'.

Quoting analysts, the report said President Pervez Musharraf is unlikely to have ordered her assassination, but that elements of the Army and intelligence service stood to lose money and power if she became prime minister.

The ISI includes some Islamists who became radicalized while running the American-funded campaign against the Soviets in Afghanistan and were opposed to her on principle.

Saudi Arabia is also thought to have frowned on Bhutto as being too secular and Westernised and to have favoured another former premier Nawaz Sharif.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

"Seems" the pampered princess died of a skull fracture, Quinn:

Bhutto 'died after hitting head on car roof', Pakistan government claims
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3103100.ece

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogers
    "Seems" the pampered princess died of a skull fracture, Quinn:

Bhutto 'died after hitting head on car roof', Pakistan government claims
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3103100.ece

Let the conspiracy theories begin.
    Yeah, I saw that too. Judging from how the Pakistani people are reacting, they're not buying anything. I'll be curious to see how this whole thing plays out. Frankly, I don't believe anything coming from the Pakistani government anymore than the Pakistani people seem to.

-Quinn

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by beandip
    1) The Taliban are a creation of Pakistan's ISI.
    Dig deeper. Pak ISI is the sole creation of US CIA. In 1979 US went to the hot bed of Islamic religious nutters, then PAK and asked them to find your most ignorant militaristic nutters who are hell bent on geting their 72 virgins.... assemble them and we'll train them. The CIA schooled PAK military / intelligence officers who then became the ISI. ISI trained Islamic militant nutters (then called Mujahadeem) to fight soviets in Trash-can-istan.

Read the book "Blow back"...there's a pretty good chronological break down of our creating / expanding the whole Islamo-facism movement.

It's Karma baby...pure and simple.
    The CIA did train the Mujahideen in Afghanistan and also some intelligence officers for the ISI. Of course they were looking for the most militaristic, and perhaps even the ones with the least regard for their own lives. The men they trained, believed, somewhat fantastically that they'd get 72 virgins for their holy war.

However, to say it's karma sort of implies that you supported the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan to begin with. I'm not saying that any of the cold war games were in our best interest since the Soviet Union ended up falling apart from within anyway. But hindsight is 20/20. Do you really believe that training men nearly 30 years ago to fight imperialistic foreign occupiers (yes I understand the irony) justifies the assassination of any allegedly pro-western leader in a Middle Eastern or far Eastern country? Does it justify any action these same men carry out with the use of our weaponry and our training against our civilians? If anything, it should warrant gratitude, even though they now possess the know how to carry out these attacks.

I hate these false ironies that people think are so clever. We underestimated how maniacal these one time freedom fighters were. Some of the fanatics were freedom fighters against the Soviets. But are you going to tell me that the Taliban regime in Afghanistan still deserves to have its sovereignty respected?

Banned for being a shit stain on humanity. Junior Poster

However, to say it's karma sort of implies that you supported the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan to begin with. I'm not saying that any of the cold war games were in our best interest since the Soviet Union ended up falling apart from within anyway. But hindsight is 20/20. Do you really believe that training men nearly 30 years ago to fight imperialistic foreign occupiers (yes I understand the irony) justifies the assassination of any allegedly pro-western leader in a Middle Eastern or far Eastern country? Does it justify any action these same men carry out with the use of our weaponry and our training against our civilians? If anything, it should warrant gratitude, even though they now possess the know how to carry out these attacks.

I hate these false ironies that people think are so clever. We underestimated how maniacal these one time freedom fighters were. Some of the fanatics were freedom fighters against the Soviets. But are you going to tell me that the Taliban regime in Afghanistan still deserves to have its sovereignty respected?

you sure do assume a whole bunch of stuff there buddy.

I merely said it's KARMA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	karma_212.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	157721  

Junior Poster

It was an extension of the position you're advocating by saying that assassinations are Karma, or the murder of civilians is Karma. It isn't Karma to enable a group for one set of reasons, and then have them use the skills against you for a different, completely illegitimate set of other reasons. But, what would really be karma would be someone in your family being torn to shreds by schrapnel after making the argument that said attacks are Karma? No, that would just be irony.

Did you or did you not support the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Don't answer if you don't want to Mr. Irwin.