A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default British Tgirl? Want to be on TV?

This just in!

"I’m working on the new ‘Trisha Goddard’ show for channel five in the UK and I’d like to chat with people who have been hiding from their sexuality and want to stop living a lie. I’d like to help people come out and talk honestly and openly about their lives for the first time. This is a chance to inspire others while dealing with various issues head on – if you’re ready to talk openly about your situation. We can cover your travel expenses so please give me a call today on 01603 281 016 or email me at jo.mcallister@townhousetv.com "

regards
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Seanchai,

other than the show that featured Allanah,this type of programming tends to show transsexuals in the UK in a bad light.

I've viewed a few "Trisha" shows over the last two years that have dealt with this subject and there's a tendency to portray transsexuals as either freaks(cue baying disapproving audience) or figures of mirth to be ridiculed( cue mass audience laughter).

In addition they book the most unattractive, unconvincing and some what unhinged Tgirls that fit the british sterotype of what a transsexual is.

Most attractive and convincing Tgirls would not touch "Trisha" with a barge pole.

I am sure that if the "Trisha" show were interested in doing a show about the postive aspects of transsexualism instead of focusing on negative ones then prehaps then Tgirls like my girlfriend would be interested.

On that note, she has been asked to go on before, but declined when it became apparent that all they were interested in was having her on the show, if a family member did not approve of her transition.

Allanah's appeareance on the "Trisha" show was a welcome breath of fresh air for those of us in the UK who know that transsexual are not bearded men in dresses,however most London T-girls continue to have reservations about how they are portrayed in the UK media.

From past viewing of the "Trisha" Show I seriously doubt Trisha's qualifications to deal with the subject matter.

I look forward to the "Trisha" show's next treatment of transsexuals in the UK.

Old Biddy Silver Poster Gillian's Avatar

I agree.

The subject is not dealt with in an environment conducive to earnest discussion and debate. I'm afraid it's just tabloid titillation vaguely made to look and sound serious ...

Rookie Poster

Default Trisha's Show

Hopefully this show will try and in some way , tackle the topic resectfully . However such formats " my mum says go back to being a man !! is as has been said , simple tabloid titillation for delectation of the unenlightened uneducated and intolerant low mass mentality ! Watch the ad breaks , all the ads are " are you drowning in debt ? thne call ocean finance ! " do you dread the postman ? then call debt direct !" " have you tripped over a paving stone thsi week ? you could get thousands ! so call claimlone now ! " " text now for your happy - frog ringtones only 12 pound a month " That alone shows the mentailty of audience that trisha porducers are creating to sell to advertisers ! Then comes the sactimonious stomach churning ending ... Trisha looks earnestly into camera " Well do let us know how you get on " " Do you want to talk to Jackie , our counsellor ? " " Well good luck now yo're very brave dear " ( Trisha's actual thougts " thank god another show talking to these mrorons is over , and I'll never have to speak to them again ! still another 50 grand in the bank , making 40 minutes a day of this crap sure beats the hell out of working for a living ! " ) All we need is trisha saying ( tearfully ) " I've never said this before , but my littel sista was born a transsexual and she committed suicide . IF she'd only had someone as understanding as you ! " Trisha it seems has a relative for every occasion !!

For Trisha read - T-R-A-S-H-A !!!!!!!!!

Far better to catch eatch some of the excellent CHannel 4 documentaries which have treated the topic with some respect reverence and seriousness !!!

ziffy 007