View Poll Results: What's your favourite beer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carlsberg

6 19.35%
  • Stella Artois

6 19.35%
  • Budweiser

5 16.13%
  • Fosters

3 9.68%
  • Miller

3 9.68%
  • Heiniken

5 16.13%
  • Amstel

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Beer

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    My favourite beer is actually Austrian:

Gösser

It`s available at a few selected places in NYC

Although I have to say I dont drink much beer these days, I am getting old as it seems.
    Haven't tried that either. Everytime I do a poll I have an option for 'other' but it doesn't seem to happen for me!

@mrchock I'd drink any beer too as long as it's not guiness or a rough ale

Rookie Poster

I guess if I chose from the listed, I would pick Miller but I would prefer it to be Miller Lite. But my favorite would be Corona. It tastes good with an orange in it. (Does that sound fruity?)

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale: any of our British members know these brews? In a pinch, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Bellhaven St. Andrews are acceptable. In general, I favor rich, dark ales, porters, and stouts, and I distain light beers (though an IPA is nice of a hot summer evening).

Among domestic US microbrews, I like several local to New England: Otter Creek, Bar Harbor, Watchusett, Seadog, and Catamount are all good.
    They're new to me Ecstatic, I haven't really ventured further than the commercial beers.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jayevil
    I guess if I chose from the listed, I would pick Miller but I would prefer it to be Miller Lite. But my favorite would be Corona. It tastes good with an orange in it. (Does that sound fruity?)

It does sound a bit gay but corona is the ticket....I'll have to try it sometime with orange *on my own of course*

My favorite "commercial" English brew is Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitter, 5.9%), which has been voted Best Strong Ale seven times.

Gold Poster

My favorite "commercial" English brew is Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitter, 5.9%), which has been voted Best Strong Ale seven times.
    Yeah it's nice, I've tried it a few times.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Carlsberg Export, that stuff is like necter.

Junior Poster

The king of European beers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carlsberg_elephant_33_177.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	154900  

5 Star Poster

St. Pauli Girl. Tastes great, and the chick on the label is hot.

My two all-time favorite ales are Wadsworth 6X and Caledonia Cream Ale:
    Those are excellent quaff but IMO are beaten by the original McEwans 80/- as served on draught in the Athletic Arms (AKA The Diggers) in Embro. Pure electric soup. I am also very fond of Greenmantle and Maclay's 80 bob.

I'm not personally a big fan of beers much over 5% o.g. because I find I end up sipping them like wine. I mean I like the occasional good sesh, but 5 pints of that stuff and you're fucking legless.

I do like the West Country beers (Waddies is Somerset.) The Wessex brewery beers for example are nice on the neck.

Not too much of a fan of Home Counties beers-- maiden's water as it is often known-- but Young's make a decent pint.

Continental beers are a whole different can of worms, I like the Belgian Kriek beers and also white beer. For lager you can't beat the original Czech Budweiser Budwar. Zingy.

Rookie Poster

I'm Nova Scotia born and raised and am a dedicated fan of Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale!!! Best beer in the land!