Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Peggygee,

Thank you very much for the mountain of information you have provided. It is exactly the kind of information and discussion I was looking for when I started this thread. I'm going to delve into the many links you provided and get back to you later with any questions I might have.

Thanks again!

The Commander
    DIA

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by the commander
    Peggygee,

Thank you very much for the mountain of information you have provided. It is exactly the kind of information and discussion I was looking for when I started this thread. I'm going to delve into the many links you provided and get back to you later with any questions I might have.

Thanks again!

The Commander
    DIA
    Glad I could be helpful.

Islam, and transgenderism, seperately and collectively are both
    topics about which a great deal of misinformation is disseminated.

It is my hope that I can play a small part in painting an accurate picture.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobw2
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    They have also been known to kill their children and stone their women. For the most insane reasons.
    That's the biggest generalisation I've heard here in a while. Is that your idea of a stereotype Muslim? Someone who stones their women and kills their children?

I'm assuming you're talking about executions in which case the West is just as guilty. USA still has the Death Penalty although it's nowhere near as brutal as the Middle East.
    No it is not

What about Aqsa Parve in canada
    http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=169790

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...sa-parvez.aspx

there are plenty more

http://www.gendercide.org/case_honour.html

Muslim Cleric backs exicution of gays

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....n_of_gays.html

More
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/...d.php#end_main

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

90% of the worlds 1.2 billion mulims are moderate. Thats a really high number unless you look at the the number who are radical

120,000,000 radical muslims

40% of the muslims in the UK want Sharia law.

These radicals openly support killing gays, women who shame them, hide their women under a cloak, and consider transexuals suffering from an "illness".

90 % of the muslims = good; 10% of the muslims = bad. Fear the 10%

But then again, you know more than me
    I could also list a hundred articles about hardcore christians that are also racist, homophobic, and want to kill all muslims. That 40% number is also a number you pulled out of somewhere dark. completely ridiculous.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by the commander
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShyGuy
    BTW, which countries have the most transsexuals? Thailand which is mostly buddhist. Next on the list? Iran with 20,000 and people say up to 150,000. Yup interesting. You're going to like the reason. The ayatollah, like lots of guys who reach the top of the heap in their religious professions (lots of pastors and teg haggert for example), was apparently just a regular guy. He made up the laws which said that homosexuality for men is punishable by death for the first infraction. But get this, if women did it, they would need to get caught 3 times for it to be death worthy. And transsexuals? LEGAL. lol. These things almost humanize muslims as regular people though so youll never hear about it in american news.
    In response to another post of yours....I didn't mean to imply that all other religions were kosher with T-grrls except Islam. But you can't deny that in general countries that are predominantly Muslim tend to be more conservative than western countries, especially regarding sex and homosexuality.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the article where your pictures came from, do you? This is the first time I've heard of Transexualism and the practices in Iran. I'd like to read more.

Thanks!

The Commander
    DIA
    dont worry about it. i didnt take it offensively. i just wanted to point some things out. just type in transsexual iran in google. theres lots of stuff on that. Also, in these countries, its not just certain crimes that are harshly punished. Alot of things like drinkingj in public, even selling food during ramadan, stealing (hand cut off), are punished harshly. It's just that religion is way more conservative in alot of these places.
    And peggy that info on transsexuals in islam is interesting. I didnt even know that. I think im going to go find a girl and introduce her to my parents now And if i actually find one i really will!

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

And peggy that info on transsexuals in islam is interesting. I didnt even know that. I think im going to go find a girl and introduce her to my parents now And if i actually find one i really will!
    I realize that it was alot of information, but as I stated previously there
    is so much misinformation on Islam and transgenderism, that I hoped
    I could help set the record straight.

Good luck in finding Ms. Right.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    They have also been known to kill their children and stone their women. For the most insane reasons.
    That's the biggest generalisation I've heard here in a while. Is that your idea of a stereotype Muslim? Someone who stones their women and kills their children?

I'm assuming you're talking about executions in which case the West is just as guilty. USA still has the Death Penalty although it's nowhere near as brutal as the Middle East.
    No it is not

What about Aqsa Parve in canada
    http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=169790

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...sa-parvez.aspx

there are plenty more

http://www.gendercide.org/case_honour.html

Muslim Cleric backs exicution of gays

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....n_of_gays.html

More
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/...d.php#end_main

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

90% of the worlds 1.2 billion mulims are moderate. Thats a really high number unless you look at the the number who are radical

120,000,000 radical muslims

40% of the muslims in the UK want Sharia law.

These radicals openly support killing gays, women who shame them, hide their women under a cloak, and consider transexuals suffering from an "illness".

90 % of the muslims = good; 10% of the muslims = bad. Fear the 10%

But then again, you know more than me
    I could also list a hundred articles about hardcore christians that are also racist, homophobic, and want to kill all muslims. That 40% number is also a number you pulled out of somewhere dark. completely ridiculous.
    I agree shyguy.

jimbob (doesn't sound trailer trash at all)

I'm totally against some parts of the Koran just as I am the Bible. Radical is radical whether you're Muslim, Christian, Buddist, Athiest....whatever

I think you could have worded your initial post better. It was disrespectful to Muslims and as for your second post, to be honest I didn't read any of the links because I've heard it all before 10 times over.

Member Rookie Poster

ooi ooi....anyway....transexualism is for me just a plain word.....>>>>sex and fun to be with...religion does not create any barrier for me...

YARRACUDA

Silver Poster

Pleas note, Iran / Persia isn't exactly the model Islamic state.
    Never in it's history was Iran ever truly orthadox nor ever governed under a religious theocracy. It's current leadership 1979- is a total apperation and not consistant with the ideals of the people.
    I mean come on, we are talking about a country whos motto use to be "eat drink and be happy for tomarrow we shall it it all over again!"
    a country that gave the world Shiraz wine and wonderful sexual poetry.

"How you doin!"

5 Star Poster

In the name of Allah. The Benificent. The Merciful. I bear witness that there is no god but god (Allah) and Muhammad is the messenger of God.

Happy Eid ul Adah!

Thank you Peggygee for passing on the message I would have had I been paying attention.

I have been a Muslim since 2002. I converted on account of how nice Muslims have been to me over the years, my sympathy for the persecution they experienced at the time, and the influence of my boyfriend at the time. (yes this was when i was living as a guy). I first became interested in Islam back with the Million Man march. In a sense I slowly discovered Islam from then on. I still am learning more every day.

For most of my life I have basically been an atheist. Being a transsexual, being that so many "good Christian" people were tormenting me for my differences. I was called by the old black church ladies the spawn of Satan. They would encourage their sons to beat me up. I blamed god for those peoples bad behavior.

While on the other hand the Muslims, Hindu's, Arabs, Pakistanis, and Indians treated me right. The only group of Christians that treated me humanely were Hispanics.

Latter today I will celebrate this Eid by having a traditional meal and offering the Eid prayer as Muhammad did. I will do this at the Albanian mosque which is in my parent's neighborhood.

Why Muslims are this way about transsexuals?

In most Muslim countries there is a widely held belief that all of Muhammad's companions will go to heaven. That they were all basically righteous and moral people simply because they heard the truth and stuck by him even when there were few Muslims.

That group of companions of Muhammad included several "Mukhannathun".

If one searches around on the internet one can find that there is much long established literature on these people. In translations of writings about them that were made back in the 6,7,8, and 9 hundreds AD describe people who were

Male born

Plucked their beard hairs

Dressed, thought, and acted like women usually from a young age.

They had a notably sharp tounged wit.

They performed in shows that sound like Medieval Middle eastern versions of a drag show or Vogue Ball, or the so called "boy play" that still happens in Afghanistan.

... and so on.

I cannot stress enough how much like the ladies you see here those people were and are. They were not toned down, or undercover in any way.

A good source to see would be. This digitized book. "Gender and Difference in the middle ages"

Lastly it has been said that the islamic world is conservative on transsexualism. This is true. They like their transsexuals to have been classically efeminate sissy boys, who looked and acted feminine. It is worth noting that a transsexual who is a butch "lesbian" would be treated as a male in the islamic world. No place is perfect.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    I bear witness that there is no god but god (Allah) and Muhammad is the messenger of God.
    How do you do that, exactly?