Default Lewis Hamilton loses driver`s license

F1 driver’s license pulled after stop; French police say Hamilton was doing 123 mph

The Associated Press
    MOST-READ STORIES

PARIS – Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton had his driver’s license suspended for a month in France after he was caught speeding by police.

Hamilton was clocked going 123 mph in a Mercedes on the A26 highway near the northern town of Laon late Sunday, police spokesman Arnaud Dujardin said Tuesday.

“He recognized the infraction he had committed straight away,” Dujardin said by telephone.

“He was very courteous. The police officers then took him back to his hotel.”

Hamilton’s car was taken away by police and picked up by a friend of the British racing star Monday. Dujardin said the police officers did not recognize Hamilton, who was alone in the car, until they looked at his identification papers.

“They did not know it was him. All they saw was a car going too fast,” Dujardin said.

“He no longer has a permit on national territory. He cannot drive in France, although I don’t know whether that applies to (England).”

The 22-year-old McLaren driver led the world championship standings for much of his rookie season, but finished one point behind Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.

Hamilton won four races.

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Professional Poster

Yep, saw that today! I guess when you are used to F1 cars even 120mph must feel like you're on a Moped.

I tell you one thing, he's bringing the title back to the true home of F1 next year

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

He was clocked at 123 mph and all he gets is one month suspension

Very lucky man indeed! Is that ban until he gets penalised or is that the punishment?

I agree lust, I'm gonna have a punt for him winning the championship before the season starts.

Poor guy. I got stopped doing 115mph years back, and other than a $316 dollar ticket, had nothing else to show for my trouble. Yet they take young Lewis' license away, hmm? Glad to live where I do then. By now I'd be in jail if I lived in the UK or France...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin