Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Respect

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Setting aside all the name calling and whatnot for a moment, I say again, for the umpteenth time, that no one here can impose their way of thinking on this board and have it continue to be as enjoyable as it is, despite any warts it may have.

And that's what this comes down to, ultimately. People who want to log into some neo-sixties forum where everyone praises everyone else for anything they might do simply to avoid any semblance of conflict, versus people who acknowledge the board has its issues but don't believe suppressing the expression of certain ideas or opinions will help fix them.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Yup, that's right and at the end of the day you can thank NYCe and the other mods for their relaxed approach.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Setting aside all the name calling and whatnot for a moment, I say again, for the umpteenth time, that no one here can impose their way of thinking on this board and have it continue to be as enjoyable as it is, despite any warts it may have.
    it wasn't very enjoyable for SexyMagdi. it wasn't very enjoyable for BXCanada (who was making interesting contributions to the several threads i regularly enjoy....so thanks for driving 'em permanently off the board). i guess it all depends on who's having the fun. are we in so much danger from queers and frauds we need to put up with a vigilante gang of cyber-ruffians?! i rather ban assholes than lose friends. there is a better cure though, and it's easy. instead of repeating yourself for the umpteenth plus one time, straighten up and don't be an asshole.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Hey guys,

You have won. BXCanada has decided to leave the HA board. He just PMed me about his decision. I never had much in common with the guy, but we did correspond from time to time,and I thought he was an o.k. guy.

You've won. Congrats.
    In all fairness he wasn't chased away from the board, he's a grown man and it was his own decision to leave. As I've said I didn't mind him apart from his constant moaning about gay rights. That aside he was a harmless guy and he had alot to contribute.

If it's MacShreach you're referring to as winning the battle for him to leave then I think that's unfair. BXCanada called out MacShreach a few times and he's not as innocent as his post here suggests.

I think a few people in this thread need to take a few deep breaths and stop acting like it was ruthless bullying that drove him away. I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

This isn't getting at you braveman.

they were fucking chased from the board, don't rationalize. you guys made it sufficiently unpleasant for them that they decided to leave. in my book, that's chasing them away.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    they were fucking chased from the board, don't rationalize. you guys made it sufficiently unpleasant for them that they decided to leave. in my book, that's chasing them away.
    All i quoted was something that BXCanada said himself...as a joke.

That's the only thing "negative" I've ever said about him so I don't know why I'm taking blame for it.

If I'd known he was under that much pressure emotionally I wouldn't have said anything. But I stand by my statement saying that MacSreach and BXCanada's feud has been going on since I came here and he's as guilty as him. If MacShreach left would you be grilling BXCanada?

you're taking the blame, i suppose, because somewhere inside you feel guilty. did i say NR is driving people away in droves? no, i said it was a vigilante gang. you included yourself in that description. perhaps because each fiber lends its strength to the entire rope.

look i don't want to fight with anyone here. i'm here to exchange cartoons for christ sake...and poke a little fun at fundamentalists and republicans in the politics and religion forum. i just want to keep this place semi-pleasant and especially to keep my friends. so don't take all this personally. i like you NR, especially since the mods took away your avatar.

Gold Poster

I thought I was included in "you guys made it sufficiently unpleasant for them that they decided to leave." I apologise for the misunderstanding. I don't want anyone to be banned or chased away and I've said that a few times before this.

LMAO @ "vigilante gang" we're not a cyber-gang, we just happen to share similar points of view

I like you too Trish and I wasn't fighting, just disagreeing.

we're not a cyber-gang, we just happen to share similar points of view
    yeah, like who you're going to gang up on next

(sorry...you fed me the straight line, i had to deliver the laugh.)

Respect... well what can i say about respect other than this...
    Respect would be telling the truth..... read on

I don't hide the fact that i am a virgin
    says he a virgin ..... but then he.....

My personal sexual preference is bottom but i am more than willing to be on top and she knows that and we are both very happy with that fact.
    how would a virgin know this??? He must come from the Bill Clinton book of sexual definitions

Even though this isn't a petting zoo, you can still stroke my cock if you want.

If the zombie apocalypse happens in Vegas... will it stay in Vegas?

Gold Poster

LOL trish, then we're a misunderstood cyber-gang