Gold Poster

Default Ricky Hatton wants Mayweather rematch

Can't see that gayboy taking the fight but if he does.....bring on the avatar bets!!! Round 2!!!

Ricky Hatton has said he wants a rematch with Floyd Mayweather following the Mancunian's defeat in Las Vegas last weekend.

In pics: Hatton v Mayweather
    Telegraph TV: Hatton to continue | Brave Hatton loses
    Kevin Garside: At last 'ordinary' Joe's name is up in lights
    Hatton was beaten in the tenth round by the WBC welterweight champion in their title showdown but has not ruled out fighting the man regarded as the world's best pound-for-pound boxer.

Home ground: Ricky Hatton wants a rematch with Mayweather
    Hatton, who arrived back in the UK in the early hours this morning, said: "A rematch could be in the offing, and there are fights at light-welterweight.

"My best attribute is I am fearless. I think it was working, up to the six-round stage there was not much in it then I lost my way a bit.

"I lost my rag and had a point taken off. But I've got lots of 'positives' to take from the fight."

After his first defeat in 44 fights over a 10-year period, the former world champion had aleady suggested that he may return to light-welterweight.

Hatton has several options available to him, including a meeting with Oscar De La Hoya, at Wembley on May 5, a pairing that was considered in the build-up hype to the Mayweather fight.

He has aleady said that he intends to carry on in the ring. In the aftermath of the Las Vegas fight, he said: "Knock me down but I keep coming back. Ricky Hatton is not finished."

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

lol just like in the ring, mayweather will be running LOL

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

i think hatton should take the de la hoya fight. i don't see a point in fighting mayweather again. mayweather figured out hatton's style as the fight went on so a rematch will only be worse for hatton.

Gold Poster

I think Oscar will be a hard fight for Hatton, I'd prefer him to fight Mayweather because Hatton was way off the mark in that fight. He could hardly speak in the pre fight interview and from then on I expected the worst. If he got another shot I'd put my avatar on the line without a doubt.

..but then again I eat my words last time

Either of those two fights (De La Hoya/Mayweather) are the way to go, Witter or Malignaggi is a backward step.

*edit* just watched the full fight sober and I'll not be backing Hatton. The last 3 rounds were the best I've seen Mayweather fight in his career. Your turn to back Hatton partlycloudy.