Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Thailand - Whats better, Bangkok or Pattaya?

I'm planning a trip for february here, What is better? are the prices the same?

More importantly which one has a better selection!?

I went to both places in Jan. of '03. They both have a plethora of Tgirls. God, you're going to have fun.
    Bangkok is a big city. A lot of people and polution, but hey, you'll have fun anyway.
    Pattaya is on the beach, but the water is dirty, so I just swam in a pool, plus there are no waves to surf or body surf. However, there are a ton of girls there too. Both GG and Tgirls. Hang out in Bangkok for a few days, check out Nana Entertainment Plaza and Patpong. Also Soy Cowboy. Find a lady that you fancy and have her show you around a bit. Then head to Pattaya, and hang with more ladies...
    Good luck. Do some research on the internet, there is a lot of info. out there.
    Cheers...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Last time I had visit both places was for nearly 5 month.
    I can tell you nearly the same like Nevada64.
    In Nana Plaza there you find the more gorgeous girls then in Pattaya.
    Barfine and drinks are in Pattaya cheaper.
    And to have a more clearly beach then go in Pattaya over the hill with a tuck-tuck to the beach of Jomtien. For this you have to pay 20 baht only.

Just about 3 hours before there had phoned a girl which working in bar at Nana Plaza. But since some days there she still staying at home about only less customers in this high session time there in BKK. And some more famous girls of this bar not be working at the moment there. I think would be the same situation in other bars of BKK too.
    On the other way there had phoned a girl from Pattaya last week. She told me that there be a lot of customers now.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

bangkok is a dirty city,koh samuia is awesome just like koh samet....go there

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulZ
    bangkok is a dirty city,koh samuia is awesome just like koh samet....go there
    not to be rude, but i have lived here for too many years and for anyone to say Koh Samui is cleaner than Pattaya is a far stretch.

same/same!

all anyone does is throw stuff out the window all day, the locals, not the tourists. Koh Samet is famous for its mosquitoes and encroaching on the beach with buildings.

Pattaya is a city and being such it is urban and has urban problems like most anywhere. Koh Samui is an island, and a place that helped to motivate me to move here 20 years ago. i went back last year and i took 5 LBs from Nana with me. everyone agreed, Koh Samui is a sh*t hole now (rare occasion when a Thai speaks poorly of their homeland, that is a real sign of how bad it is). it may not appear that way to anyone who was never been there before, or was not there when it was beautiful, but it's environment has been totally degraded, (many pictures you see of Thailand are 10 or 15 years old and do not reflect the reality on the ground.) the locals (one of the biggest mafias in Thailand) are rude and unappreciative of your custom, and getting around the island is a suicide trip (as with most Thai islands). but, there are ladyboys there. similar to anything you will buy on an island it is more expensive there than most of Thailand.

budget has a lot to do with what i could suggest to you, so keep that in mind. Koh Chang is still not too bad for environment and water quality, but also, not a lot of bars and i saw only 1 or 2 LBs there. but if you find one you like and take her there, lots of fun.

i lived and worked in Pattaya for a few years. and being a bustling city (that province is only second to BKK for revenue) it has a lot to offer. but it also has its downside like any city. but, the pickings are good and the girls not too unreasonable.

price variations from place to place, for a newbie, are pretty much a moot point. if you cannot speak Thai, do not know the game and smell fresh to them, they will always ask for more than what is the going rate. and many will not back down during high season. low season is a buyer’s market most anywhere.

Nana plaza is the place for choice/variety, price stability/fair trade, good rooms for short time and hotels that do not care, and just good fun. granted it is not the beach, but if it's LBs you want, you got 'em. every size, shape, color, and personality. probably the largest concentration of TG girls anywhere (i have not been to Sao Paulo).

in Thailand when you check in to a hotel, ask them for a joiner stamp on your guest card. that is the card they keep at reception. then when you go to get your key most times there is no fee. if you wait, then they will charge you. talk to reception when you check in and ask for joiner free or joiner rate. most rooms booked with double occupancy will include this if you are alone and TELL THEM AT CHECK IN. (i work in Thai hotels, believe me, this is the way to do it.) no need to say LB or GG, they care not, just a joiner. the fee covers breakfast, towels and water and amenities usage. if you book a single and use the room for 2 they feel you are cheating them. if you book a double, tell them the second person is a joiner, and she may vary from night to night. so do it all up front and save everyone a hassle.

Jomtien is just over the hill from Pattaya, another place i have lived, and the beach there is not too bad, and there is a good scene at the beach, too. it is all only an hour and a half bus ride from BKK and only costs a few dollars to get there. if you go and don't don’t like, get back on the bus and come back to BKK.

Pattaya has over 300 restaurants, much of them good, some of them excellent. also being a large community there are many things (food for one and song-tao transports) that are priced for locals. Koh Samui and Phuket have none of this. most Thais refuse to work on the islands because it is all so expensive, even for them. Pattaya is not like that, and neither is BKK.

as far as the “banana republic” kind of elements, you will find that all over SE Asia, just as you will in the southern hemisphere, so learn to avoid that stuff and just have a good time. there is a learning curve with all of this, so be prepared to have some ugly incidents, some “mis-understandings and a few blatant attempts to rip you off. just keep repeating the mantra - "i am here to have fun. i am here to have fun. i am here to have fun. not easy, but if you can achieve this grasshoppa, you will be totally chuffed about the great time you are having.

when you are spending money for rooms, transportation and girls (items where there is no menu or schedule of pricing) simply say “excuse me, how much is it?” or in Thai, “kaa-tord, tao-arrai, nah krap?”. prefacing most any question with “excuse me” disarms them and puts you on a level playing field, most times. never be afraid to speak to sex workers about what you want, politely. make sure they will do what you want. once in a room you will probably not be able to fix this if it is not to your liking.

never involve the authorities unless a real crime has been committed against you. it will only tie up your time, cost a lot more money, and you will feel like an ass. it is a big game and everyone there is involved, everyone. i know this from experience. even the tourist police, whose job it is to help and protect you are on the wrong side of the fence there, yours. they try to do what they can, but they are outnumbered by the regular police, have very little sympathy for punters who do not know how it all works, and have limited resources to help even when they try.
    if you want a well rounded vacation, try Pattaya.

bottom line, if all you want is to rub some uglies and do the horizontal bop on your vacation, BKK is the place, and anywhere else will do, too. BUT ALL OF THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!

february is high season, if at all possible come after mid-april. yes it is raining more, but it is a buyer’s market. rainy season is fun, at least i think so. much more laid back, really cheap and not anywhere near as crowded. as soon as the Songkran festival is over, the entire country goes to lo-season rates, if you see otherwise, call them on it or go elsewhere. any booking you can make in person is cheaper, better and more secure. always ask to see a room and check the water pressure and temp, and also anything else like the TV and min-fridge that is important to you.

if you are in a room for a few days, and you are not going to use the mini-bar, call reception and ask them to ask housekeeping to empty it out for you so you do not have a girl eat and drink it all while you are on the toilet or asleep. that can add up and ruin your day. most hotels understand and will comply. when the maid or porter comes to do that, take a picture of them doing it. i think you know why. always cover your butt if you still haven't figured it out.

NOTE: LOOK OUT THE WINDOW OF THE ROOM, if you see construction, do not believe what anyone tells you about the noise. many construction jobs run around the clock. building season is high-season because it is dry, no rain, and they must get it done before the monsoons come.

and ask about joiners, always ask about joiners.

one additional note on joiners: reception in most places will ask for the girls ID card. this is for a few reasons. one, if there is a fire they need to know who is in which room and how many. second, if she steals from you or the hotel or creates a disturbance, they can control/find her. third, ask them while they are copying the ID card what her age is. again, COVER YOUR BUTT.

any more questions, just PM or ask here. glad to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ming66_139.jpg 
Views:	2050 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	159583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ming052907_03_183.jpg 
Views:	2049 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	159584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minga052907_05_205.jpg 
Views:	2098 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	159585  

experience is everything!
    been there, done that - goin' back fer mo' ...

does anyone know where i can find this cutie-pie

Wow, what great info. I just copied and saved that for my next trip.

Beautiful pictures too.
    Thanks

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blonde zombie
    Wow, what great info. I just copied and saved that for my next trip.

Beautiful pictures too.
    Thanks
    glad to help.

i figure if there are more punters who know the score the better it is for everyone.

us and the girls.

and that means better for me, too.

self-serving i know,
    but not really such a bad guy ...

here is another ming pic for you too.

damn, now i feel compelled to call her ... but alas,
    she is in Phuket ... and i am not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minga20529_151.jpg 
Views:	2025 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	159598  

I totally disagree with the last posters opinion of Samui.I live on Samui but shoot in BKK.Samui isnt what it was 10 years ago,an unknown hidden gem,but its still a beautiful island.The girls there however,as I have said many many times here on this forum(use the search button)arent so great unless u like cross dressers in fewathers and too much garish makeup.There is an occasional hotty on the island,but im not out looking so im sure they are there.

I hate Pattaya...end of that.

BKK is your best bet for a plethora of hot girls.Most of your websiter stars are from there and the bars are all pretty much grouped together within walking distance of each other,save for KC3 in Patpong,the rest are on soi4 Sukhumvit inside NANA.

Ming is great,I shot that set for Shemale Club BTW.Ive shot for my site no less than 6 times and rarely does she fail to perform.She is well hung and is a top so be ready for that.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    I totally disagree with the last posters opinion of Samui.I live on Samui but shoot in BKK.Samui isnt what it was 10 years ago,an unknown hidden gem,but its still a beautiful island.The girls there however,as I have said many many times here on this forum(use the search button)arent so great unless u like cross dressers in fewathers and too much garish makeup.There is an occasional hotty on the island,but im not out looking so im sure they are there.

I hate Pattaya...end of that.

BKK is your best bet for a plethora of hot girls.Most of your websiter stars are from there and the bars are all pretty much grouped together within walking distance of each other,save for KC3 in Patpong,the rest are on soi4 Sukhumvit inside NANA.

Ming is great,I shot that set for Shemale Club BTW.Ive shot for my site no less than 6 times and rarely does she fail to perform.She is well hung and is a top so be ready for that.
    as i said: BUT ALL OF THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!
    i figured i would insert the soap box because i actually have an ax to grind here ...

i first went to Samui in '88 and it was a gem. since then they have degraded the island to the point that it was not recognizable to me, or the Thais i was with. maybe i am a purest, but i am also a realist. when you are off the beaten track (as anywhere - like Chon Buri where Pattaya is) Thailand is spectacular, unparalleled in beauty and landscape, and the people are all friendly, open and appreciative of tourists and their custom. But within the areas of Samui that are set aside for tourism (close to or on the beach), MY OPINION IS, it is used and abused and so are we.

i stayed in a private resort enclave, in a villa on a hillside, and it was fantastic. but every time when we left that area, and went out and about, it is like any other place where the locals' priorities have been misplaced and misguided, degraded.

in the Chawaeng and Lamai areas in particular, hotels, bungalows, guest houses, shops, vendors and residences are on top of each other. there are no sidewalks to speak of which forces you out into the street and into the traffic flow. to go from one spot on the island to another is an experience to say the least. and when you do get there, is there anywhere to park?

i love Thailand, i too live here, i have chosen it as my home. i respect the Thais that respect themselves and the Farangs who come here. i have worked hand in hand with 100's of them for many years now. but the ones that i met on Samui were rude and unappreciative of Farangs.

i speak the language, i know the culture and customs, and i am always polite. i know that even after all of these years here, i am a guest. yet on Samui, with the exception of the people at the development where i rented the villa, we were treated poorly. (not to say that same type of occurrence doesn't happen back in my home country in the resort town i am from, it does.)

my point is this - it doesn't have to be that way, and if you have a limited amount of time and resources, there are better places to go. i have recently spent 6 months working on Phuket, a place i detest for many of the same reasons i dislike Samui, and many people there, Farangs, Thais and tourists will tell you, dollar for dollar, and for time alloted, Pattaya is a better choice for a beach style holiday.

GRANTED - a few years ago that would not have been the case, but Samui and Phuket are suffering. Koh Samet is also being encroached upon and degraded rapidly, as well as the other island i mentioned Koh Chang. but if you want an island for its beauty, get to Koh Chang within a year or two, because soon it will join the ranks of the others.

much of all these problems stem from the fact that there is little or no zoning or environmental controls or enforcement. plain and simple. combine that with a short season to make your bill payments with a little left over, natural disasters and man made ones too, arcane laws and inconsistent enforcement and the people who live and work in these places will continue to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. its a world problem actually, not just here.

but i take the bad with good, avoid the places that i know are not to my liking and i gravitate towards Thais that actually take an interest in their jobs, communities and their country's improvement/advancement.

i am glad, and i am proud, to call this home.

but this is just the opinion of an individual
    who has been here close to 20 years and ridden the roller coaster of life in the land of smiles.

ps -
    She is well hung and is a top so be ready for that.
    most of the time, but if she likes you, like any other person you may meet, anything can happen when you get down to the bottom of it. which is nice and tight.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I cannot stand Pattaya and try and stay away from it but as previous posters stated, for a first time visit try and split your time from Bangkok which is awesome (and really not that polluted or dirty at all ... have you been to Manila?) - has three entertainment areas, great bars, shopping malls, restuarants, etc - and Pattaya - fat low-rent tourists, less friendly girls, lots of noise.
    Phuket is cool if you have the time.

If you go to Pattaya and hate it, it's only a $65 taxi ride back to Bangkok.