Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys
    St Anger is rightly slated. Anyone who saw the documentary would realise you can't write songs by committee. During recording sessions Kirk should be locked in a room with his comic books and only allowed out to do his noodling solos!
    if hes gonna play em at all....and yeah Iron Maiden...still rocks

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Rookie Poster

Ride the Lightning and then Master of Puppets. These are two of the greatest metal albums of all time. And Justice for All was really great, but they just took a total nosedive after with the rest of the crap they produced.

Rookie Poster

Ride the Lightning and then Master of Puppets. These are two of the greatest metal albums of all time. And Justice for All was really great, but they just took a total nosedive after with the rest of the crap they produced.

Rookie Poster

Load is my favorite. I love the weird blues undertones and the meloncholy vibes. Untill It Sleeps is terrific.

I did nothing, i did nothing and it was everything that i thought it would be.

Junior Poster

I like anything before the Black album where they met producer Bob Rock and he turned them into CRAP and they went all commercial.

But what really turned me off Metallica was their fight with Napster. I remember going to a concert here in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens where they actually had a "recording section" set up for people who bought those specific tickets to bring cameras, cam corders, and audio recorders to tape the show. Then they release the Black album, get some cross over success from people who never bought their stuff before, they start making more money, and become major sell-outs.

I think Jason Newsted said it best when he left Metallica: "When you leave Metallica, you're not leaving a band, you're leaving a CORPORATION!".

Rookie Poster

And Justice for All, it is one of the greatest albums ever made. I hate St Anger and the documentary Some kind of monster, i watched that and was waiting for docter phil to come in and say "how does that make you feel", they have lost there anger.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_choji
    And Justice for All, it is one of the greatest albums ever made. I hate St Anger and the documentary Some kind of monster, i watched that and was waiting for docter phil to come in and say "how does that make you feel", they have lost there anger.
    indeed

Veteran Poster

Mast Of Puppets hands down, then ...And Justice For All, then Ride The Lightning and Kill 'Em All are tied. then its up in the air

but check this out

http://www.campchaos.com/blog-archiv...pster_bad.html

and this

http://www.campchaos.com/blog-archiv...ster_dead.html

glad to be here

yesssssss the new album death magnetic from metallica is coming out soon.......

tracklist...

1.That was just your life
    2.The end of the line
    3.Broken,beat & scarred
    4.The day that never comes
    5.All nightmare long
    6.Cyanide
    7.The unforgiven III
    8.The judas kiss
    9.Suicide & redemption
    10.My apocalypse

for the metallicafans.....what do you think...is this gonna be a great album.....i keep my fingers...

I want to see if Trujillo did some contribution to the new album.... one of the reasons St. Anger sucks... IMHO is the lack of a real bass player.