Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by jmt; 04-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LBCDO
    This is the funniest thread Ive read in myy life.

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if youre famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then Mike Vick is going to a federal camp, so he isnt going to be around the shit that some of you watch TV and swear by.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken from shelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

And dont think that its just a bunch of "brothas" fighting pits. Search the gwinnett daily post [the same county that Mike Vick , myself, and a ton of other falcon players lives in] and you will see the white guy that lives behind me and the pit that he was fighting that almost mauled my dog. So its not just thug culture, everyone is doing that bullshit.

I hate to hear people saying that they wish someone gets raped, beat, and killed in jail. Jail is 24/7, not something you do during the day and go home at night likea job. You lose absolutely everything. He is paying for his crime by incarceration and being called a felon for the rest of his life. Lets leave it at that

Perhaps higher level dog fighting does pay higher value commodity for their animals... Talk to any inner city animal shelter and they get the chewed up remains of dogs that used to be someones pet that may have gone stray. ALot of inner city dog fighting Vick wannabe's don't pony up 2k per Pitt to play like the big boys. Which is exactly why Vick is such a scumbag to his community as a sports role model...and whether or not he paid 2 million per dog versus 2 dollars is moot. Also, don't think anyone specifically pointed to any one ethnicity as the harbinger of evil.. this thread is about a man...dogs...and not someones skin color.

I hope the next dog Vick ever owns is called Karma, and it bites him in his balls.

Veteran Poster

I just brought the amount of money up because it was said earlier that these dogs that are used for fighting are strays, stolen, etc. And if ANYONE can find a pit for less than $800 with papers ANYWHERE in ATL, please let me know, becuase I am looking for one as a gift. $800 is the average price for a pure bread pitbull here in ATL.

I just saw a lot of references to thugs in the thread also.

Everything I posted was in response to something that was said in thsi thread. So... it is what it is, unless Im reading the wrong thread.

Professional Poster

I just brought the amount of money up because it was said earlier that these dogs that are used for fighting are strays, stolen, etc. And if ANYONE can find a pit for less than $800 with papers ANYWHERE in ATL, please let me know, becuase I am looking for one as a gift. $800 is the average price for a pure bread pitbull here in ATL.

Everything I posted was in response to something that was said in thsi thread. So... it is what it is, unless Im reading the wrong thread.

I pointed out alot of dogs that are used for fighting are exactly that. Strays, stolen, pets..etc. Certainly, the more complex and high value fights will develop their own mills for breeding and selecting the best animals...but what i know from personal experience is that the "thug" life (and thugs come in all ethnicities) portrayed by a highly paid athlete like Vick, filters down to the street level. Socioeconomic conditions prevent these people from purchasing expensive animals (We arent strictly talking Pit Bulls for the matter) for these amatuer rings where Pits may fight other breeds for training...supply meets demand from somewhere, and often its that puppy on Craigslist, or the shelter animal.

Gold Poster

People who fight pitbulls are thugs, that's why it's came up.

This is the funniest thread Ive read in myy life.

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail?
    Unfortunately, I have, during the summer of my twenty-third birthday.

I hate to hear people saying that they wish someone gets raped, beat, and killed in jail. Jail is 24/7, not something you do during the day and go home at night likea job. You lose absolutely everything. He is paying for his crime by incarceration and being called a felon for the rest of his life. Lets leave it at that
    I agree. IMO, his sentence is appropriate. Think about it. His career is most likely finished, he has to do his time, and he will be a convicted felon forever (there will be no expungement in this case). He's paying for his crime, which I'm glad for, but wishing death on the guy, etc., is excessive.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

Wishing death is far too extreme, but for all the torture the dogs had to go through, he at the very least deserves a cock up the ass and a few slaps...

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.
    You should only own a pit bull or any other fighting dog if you have a clue. It doesn't take much to read a book on a breed that you're interested in buying, and get invalueble info on them. Like any dog, if it's not raised the correct way then there's a chance it will be aggressive. The fact that pitbulls have lock-jaw and bite force similar to a great white shark means they're going to do damage. I repeat, if you don't know much about dogs, don't get a pit bull.
    Many myths about pit bulls. The problem is disgusting in the shelters. As I mentioned before I run a dog rescue. What I see, Michael Vick as first time offender was treated fairly. My heart wanted him to get life. But we are a society of laws. And the attention he has brought to animal abuse has been golden for us. Prosecutions have increased ten fold for animal abuse.

I can go on forever. I've written volumes on this subject. Dogs are just dogs. Can't generalize.

These two were badly abused. I turned them around and now they share their own bedroom in Las Vegas and are constant companions to my 5 year-old niece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vic_mel_1_104.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	320.0 KB 
ID:	151820  

Professional Poster

Nobody wished him death.. I wished a dog would bite him in the balls, or he'd get beaten or raped. All pretty measured consequences IMO for what he did. He was given the world on a plate and look what he did with it.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bezane
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.
    You should only own a pit bull or any other fighting dog if you have a clue. It doesn't take much to read a book on a breed that you're interested in buying, and get invalueble info on them. Like any dog, if it's not raised the correct way then there's a chance it will be aggressive. The fact that pitbulls have lock-jaw and bite force similar to a great white shark means they're going to do damage. I repeat, if you don't know much about dogs, don't get a pit bull.
    Many myths about pit bulls. The problem is disgusting in the shelters. As I mentioned before I run a dog rescue. What I see, Michael Vick as first time offender was treated fairly. My heart wanted him to get life. But we are a society of laws. And the attention he has brought to animal abuse has been golden for us. Prosecutions have increased ten fold for animal abuse.

I can go on forever. I've written volumes on this subject. Dogs are just dogs. Can't generalize.

These two were badly abused. I turned them around and now they share their own bedroom in Las Vegas and are constant companions to my 5 year-old niece.
    Agreed, it's how the dog is raised. People just think dogs are possessions that they can neglect and not give them a good life. They need to release negative energy just as any animal does, so they need walked at least once a day. If you don't treat your dog right psychologically then it can become stressed out and aggressive.

People who breed pit bulls however, are purposely training the dogs to be viscious and attack other dogs. I'd have no problems breaking a baseball bat over there head if I knew who they were.

Nice dogs by the way...