Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    Since when did pit bulls become friendly dogs that you can raise your kids around?
    It's all in the way the dog is brought up. I know plenty of people that have pit bulls that are very friendly, even around kids. Then there are the assholes that breed them for fighting.

Professional Poster

Since when did pit bulls become friendly dogs that you can raise your kids around?
    Depends on the owner entirely. No dog should be left with children unattended anyways. Emergency rooms see as many dog bites from "family friendly" dogs like Terriers and Labs as they do Pits. It just happens pits are adopted by thugs for the image and raised in violent households where media attention is drawn each and every case. A few years ago it was Rottweilers that got negative attention...and before that it was Dobermans...etc..etc Pits are very loveable animals, Ceaser Milan had a show about pit bulls that proved alot of the negative stereotypes wrong.

Gold Poster

Vick better hope he doesn't get a visit from the health inspector.

I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

5 Star Poster

People that take sadistic pleasure in torturing an animal are very different from slaughterhouse workers, if that needed to be said. Many serial killers were found to have started with animals as a kid. It's not normal. Vick is a fucking stupid sadist, and I have no doubt that people will either emulate him or learn that actions have consequences, depending on how crazy/stupid they are.

I'm sorry people like violence jsut like they like sex

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Professional Poster

I've heard good pitbulls going bad hell Latrell Sprewell had a pit bull that bit his daughter and he didn't fight them. It took him a few days to have it put to sleep.
    I don't see how this story... is at all relevant. To understand individual breed behaviors and deeper anthropological implications between the two takes more than allegory hearsay, and myopic fixation on sensational cases. Negative attributes highlighted in any one breed isn't necassarily a character trait because its been generalized as stereotypical behavior of said breed. Statistically you have to look at it breed by breed and by popularity of ownership, not raw numbers. Pit bulls have been increasingly popular as pets, protectors, and status symbols among a certain population...hence their frequency of delinquent behavior (bites), are disproportionate when studied against a more measured histogram that takes into account socioeconomics among other variables.

Gold Poster

You should only own a pit bull or any other fighting dog if you have a clue. It doesn't take much to read a book on a breed that you're interested in buying, and get invalueble info on them. Like any dog, if it's not raised the correct way then there's a chance it will be aggressive. The fact that pitbulls have lock-jaw and bite force similar to a great white shark means they're going to do damage. I repeat, if you don't know much about dogs, don't get a pit bull.

Veteran Poster

This is the funniest thread Ive read in myy life.

Ok, out of all of you that are talking about what will happen to him when he goes to jail, have you ever been to jail? Im not proud of it, but Ive done time, recently, here in ATL. As a matter of fact, Ive done time in the same pods as some famous wrestlers, a tons of falcons players, and a couple rappers. Nobody gives a fuck if youre famous, its just if you are in the holding cell going to court that it becomes something to talk about.

Then Mike Vick is going to a federal camp, so he isnt going to be around the shit that some of you watch TV and swear by.

Then, for whoever said that the dogs were probally stolen and taken from shelters, you are wrong. You're assuming a whole lot of bullshit. When people fight pitbulls in "thug culture" or to fight, they dont do robberies on old women on the suburbs for their prize family companion. The dogs are bread by professional breeders, and Ive seen pits go for as much as $2k. In ATL all you hear about is people fighting pits. I wanted to buy one for my ex and got the crash course.

And dont think that its just a bunch of "brothas" fighting pits. Search the gwinnett daily post [the same county that Mike Vick , myself, and a ton of other falcon players lives in] and you will see the white guy that lives behind me and the pit that he was fighting that almost mauled my dog. So its not just thug culture, everyone is doing that bullshit.

I hate to hear people saying that they wish someone gets raped, beat, and killed in jail. Jail is 24/7, not something you do during the day and go home at night likea job. You lose absolutely everything. He is paying for his crime by incarceration and being called a felon for the rest of his life. Lets leave it at that

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    I don't see how this story... is at all relevant. To understand individual breed behaviors and deeper anthropological implications between the two takes more than allegory hearsay, and myopic fixation on sensational cases. Negative attributes highlighted in any one breed isn't necassarily a character trait because its been generalized as stereotypical behavior of said breed. Statistically you have to look at it breed by breed and by popularity of ownership, not raw numbers. Pit bulls have been increasingly popular as pets, protectors, and status symbols among a certain population...hence their frequency of delinquent behavior (bites), are disproportionate when studied against a more measured histogram that takes into account socioeconomics among other variables.
    Ottorocket, you must know this chick...http://youtube.com/user/hotforwords