Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Junior Poster

OK, so the cool thing now is to be a Pats hater?
    If you have a problem with 'spygate'-which I don't-I can understand that...but for the rest of you, you are just jealous! A class team, top to bottom, no ridiculous boasting and braying-together they play the ultimate team game better than perhaps any team in the last 30 years.Get over it.

Je suis Scottish Santa

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee
    OK, so the cool thing now is to be a Pats hater?
    If you have a problem with 'spygate'-which I don't-I can understand that...but for the rest of you, you are just jealous! A class team, top to bottom, no ridiculous boasting and braying-together they play the ultimate team game better than perhaps any team in the last 30 years.Get over it.
    Get use to it. The Pat's are a machine. Going undefeated this season means nothing. It only strips that Miami team of the only thing they got. If they go undefeated, then they will feel compelled (or have to come up with a good excuse) when they have to get together year after year when a team makes a run at their record and fails. So they can pop the cork on champagne, which none of them drinks and retell the same stupid stories of their glory days.

No, the Pat's want five Super Bowls. Four this year and five as soon as possible there after. Then, they will have surpassed SF (Montana and crew) and Pittsburgh (Bradshaw and crew). This is the measure of a great organization. Not one season without a loss. (They won 21 straight games at one time over 2 seasons -no one gives a shit).

Right now the two greatest teams of all time are the Montana 49'ers and the Bradshaw Steelers. If the Pat's win this year, they join the club. If they win another within two or three years - they are the greatest.

Junior Poster

Ok ezed let's set the record straight..... oh, and thanks for acknowledging the Steelers and the 49s as the greatest of all time. Ahhhh Joe Montana, another fine Pgh native, along with Marino and Namath.

The Steelers are the oldest and most championed franchise in the AFC. They are the only team in NFL history to win four Super Bowls in six years, as well as the first to win more than two.
    The team has appeared in six Super Bowls and, along with the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys, is one of three teams to have won the Super Bowl five times. They have appeared in 13 Conference Championship Games and have hosted more conference championship games than any other NFL franchise. They are the only team in NFL playoff history to win a Super Bowl after being seeded sixth in the playoffs, winning three consecutive games on the road followed by a Super Bowl XL victory in Detroit on February 5, 2006 against the Seattle Seahawks. They are also the only sixth-seeded team in NFL history to advance to a conference championship game as well as win one.

Sorry boys............. NE won't be "equal" to The Steelers. You guys will be a close 2nd to my boys, but only in having as many SB victories.
    We are the ONLY NFL franchise to win 4 SBs in 6 years!!

IF NE wins this year & next they will match the Steelers, I for one don't see it happening. Teams will without a doubt have figured out NE by next season. They will still be "elite", but they won't be the run away train that they are this year.
    No hatin'........... just common sense & Steelers pride.
    Later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Junior Poster

'Common sense and Steelers pride'--isn't that an oxymoron?

just bustin', pgh

Je suis Scottish Santa

Junior Poster

LOL Stagger........... good bust!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Rookie Poster

Ok ezed let's set the record straight..... oh, and thanks for acknowledging the Steelers and the 49s as the greatest of all time. Ahhhh Joe Montana, another fine Pgh native, along with Marino and Namath.

The Steelers are the oldest and most championed franchise in the AFC. They are the only team in NFL history to win four Super Bowls in six years, as well as the first to win more than two.
    The team has appeared in six Super Bowls and, along with the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys, is one of three teams to have won the Super Bowl five times. They have appeared in 13 Conference Championship Games and have hosted more conference championship games than any other NFL franchise. They are the only team in NFL playoff history to win a Super Bowl after being seeded sixth in the playoffs, winning three consecutive games on the road followed by a Super Bowl XL victory in Detroit on February 5, 2006 against the Seattle Seahawks. They are also the only sixth-seeded team in NFL history to advance to a conference championship game as well as win one.
    Who gives a fuck? This belongs in the pages of a history book. You sound like a yankees fan living in the past because you know that your team has no chance this year.

You have got to be kidding me. 9 and 4 and you say they have no chance? Of course they have a chance. In the '05 season they won I can't count how many games in a row...on the road...to win the whole kit and kabootle. Any team heading into the playoffs has a chance...some just better than others.

PITTSBURGHS GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie Poster

If they end up playing the Pats, they will get smoked like they did last week.

Quote Originally Posted by PghTGrlLvr

Sorry boys............. NE won't be "equal" to The Steelers. You guys will be a close 2nd to my boys, but only in having as many SB victories.
    We are the ONLY NFL franchise to win 4 SBs in 6 years!!

IF NE wins this year & next they will match the Steelers, I for one don't see it happening. Teams will without a doubt have figured out NE by next season. They will still be "elite", but they won't be the run away train that they are this year.
    No hatin'........... just common sense & Steelers pride.
    Later.
    Jesus, you're a regular encyclopedia of football! My hat's off to you.
    They'll still say we're the greatest if we win the next two, because it will be five with the same core team, not five in franchise history.

Greatest franchise would probably have to be Green Bay including pre-Super Bowls. Could you check that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by the commander
    You have got to be kidding me. 9 and 4 and you say they have no chance? Of course they have a chance. In the '05 season they won I can't count how many games in a row...on the road...to win the whole kit and kabootle. Any team heading into the playoffs has a chance...some just better than others.

PITTSBURGHS GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Anthony Smith!