Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by lust4ts
    I think the occasion got to him and he lost his game plan, it's a shame but yeah, we still love him!
    The ref did his best to disrupt his gameplan, it was one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen, if not the worst.

The first few rounds he was breaking up the fight every few secs because he knew Hatton fights on the inside. Mayweather was brilliant but the ref just left a few doubts in peoples minds, of what might have happened if it was handled properly.
    Here we go,typical bitter blue excuses,excuses, Hatton's mum could have been the ref,it would have made no difference to the outcome of the fight.Hatton didn't lose because of a gameplan,Hatton was simply outclassed.
    Mayweather may be asshole but he's a all time great.

YOU ARE ON POINT!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dell1111
    Dont you guys get that mayweather just puts on the arrogant act for promotion purposes, you think if floyd acting like a normal boring guy like hatton does this fight would have had this much hype?
    There is no doubt I saw a side to Mayweather after the fight that I certainly did not expect. Which goes some way to making me believe that there is some truth in what you are saying!

If I'm honest I was expecting him to disrespect Ricky even in victory and maybe brag about how it was "Just another day at the office" or how easy it had been to beat him. Which he didn't and actually admitted to it being one of his toughest fights and going even further to say, "Ricky is great fighter".

As much as it pains me to say it, even in the build up (Mayweather - Hatton 24/7) and certainly after the fight I saw some traits in Floyd's character which were actually quite honourable and maybe even likeable.

On the other side, throwing money in peoples faces is the action of an asshole but I guess everyone has layers and different sides to their personality!

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by drock
    OK I eat my words, Mayweather was just too good. The ref was a twat but Mayweather's defense does seem to be unbeatable!

I actually feel quite sick about Ricky getting knocked out but he lost to the better fighter, not the better man, but the better fighter!
    Weather he lost to a better man or not is subjective and I don't know what one would use as a measure of that but anyway it's totally irrelevant if someone thinks he's the better man or not. Mayweather's skills are undeniable and he's still the best fighter in the world pound for pound.
    Yes he has proved that, but he will never have the fan base or literally be loved and adored by thousands, upon thousands of fans, which is kind of self evident. But as for being the pound for pound best, of that there is no doubt.

As for him going down in history as one of the most exciting and loved boxers ever, it's highly unlikely!

Silver Poster

OK I eat my words, Mayweather was just too good. The ref was a twat but Mayweather's defense does seem to be unbeatable!

I actually feel quite sick about Ricky getting knocked out but he lost to the better fighter, not the better man, but the better fighter!
    Weather he lost to a better man or not is subjective and I don't know what one would use as a measure of that but anyway it's totally irrelevant if someone thinks he's the better man or not. Mayweather's skills are undeniable and he's still the best fighter in the world pound for pound.
    Yes he has proved that, but he will never have the fan base or literally be loved and adored by thousands, upon thousands of fans, which is kind of self evident. But as for being the pound for pound best, of that there is no doubt.

As for him going down in history as one of the most exciting and loved boxers ever, it's highly unlikely!
    Man please! How in the hell do you think the fight sold out in one hour? Not because of boring Ricky Hatton. Maywether is one of the biggest if not the biggest draw in boxing. It doesn't matter if he's loved by thousands or not obviously what he's doing works and it's better to sell tickets at the box office being a spectacular boxer than some boring loser that the fans love. That doesn't put money in your wallet because ultimately everybody wants to see a winner and that's what Mayweather is a proven winner.

Professional Poster

Man please! How in the hell do you think the fight sold out in one hour? Not because of boring Ricky Hatton. Maywether is one of the biggest if not the biggest draw in boxing. It doesn't matter if he's loved by thousands or not obviously what he's doing works and it's better to sell tickets at the box office being a spectacular boxer than some boring loser that the fans love. That doesn't put money in your wallet because ultimately everybody wants to see a winner and that's what Mayweather is a proven winner.
    That's where you have just shot yourself in the foot, calling Ricky boring.

Ok Mayweather was great tonight, but many of his fights have been lackluster to say the least, often with booing all the way through.

Every fight that Ricky has been in has been exciting, he has never been in a bad fight, including tonight.

At least 7 or 8 of Mayweather's fights have been no more interesting than watching paint dry!

I am not disputing that Mayweather is a better fighter, but he is only exciting when he is pushed to fight, as ricky did tonight, pushed him and made him perform to his best.

Mayweather has all the talent, skills and ability to go down as one of the greatest AND most LOVED fighters in historty.............but what lets him down is is personality and lack of effort in many of his fights!

If you are going to make the point that Mayweather is a better fighter again, well I'm not disputing that, so repeatedly using that statement is pretty pointless.

Now if you want to argue with me about Mayweather being loved as much as Ricky or never being in boring fights, which was my point, then at least then you would be sticking to the subject

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    By the way Night Rider, weren't you in the forum about Mimi Plastique trying to defend her "I'm Caucasian" nonsense from EROS. I believe you said it doesn't matter repeatedly, yet you feel the need to root for the Irishman. If race or ethnicity doesn't matter, why click up and root for Ricky Hatten. That's why I feel all these "race doesn't matter" or "I don't see color" people are full of shyt and if you let them talk long enough you'll start to smell it.
    She didn't say she was caucasian she said that's what eros selected for her, and it's neither yours nor my business. I defended her because she admitted even before that thread that she was proud of her white and her black side. Then people try and make a big deal out of it like it's their business.

What came out of your mouth there was utter bullshit because half of America was rooting for Hatton. Do you honestly think any Brits were rooting for Mayweather? Why? Because he's a fucking asshole, nothing to do with race. To me you seem slightly racist in your post but that's just my opinion. I don't know what point you're trying to prove or more importantly, how much you've been drinking, but I haven't a racist bone in my body.

If you want to carry on making completely irrelevant off topic accusations, then work away, but don't expect me to listen to your bullshit.

Let's forget Mimi's situation or the half of America that wanted to see Ricky Hatten victorious. To be honest Night Rider, I'm sure the number was much higher than 50%. With that said, you have failed to answer my real question, by spouting a lot of self-righteous conjecture and evasion.

Let me ask the question one more time. Since, you stated race/ethnicity doesn't matter in Mimi's thread (I believe you said something along the line of "Who gives a fuck what she chooses, it does make a difference anyway". Why did you truly want Ricky Hatten to win? Why was that the guy you pulled for truthfully? Are you actually saying it has nothing to do with both of you being Irish and more with your dislike of Floyd Mayweather? At every Hatten fight, the Irish flags are waving and you're no different. My point to you is, if race is truly insignificant in your heart of hearts, why did you root for Hatten so hard? If you want play mind games with yourself and the rest of this thread and say it had nothing to do with him being Irish, than go ahead. If Floyd Mathweather was a humble, polite, non-braggart type who smiled and grinned all the time, you still would have pulled for Hatten and there's nothing wrong with that. If I was Irish, I would have rooted for him too. But don't hand me some colorblind B.S, then root for an fighter primarily based on shared heritage.

I don't want to hear any responses about Great Britain, the United States or Gilligan's Island for that matter and who they rooted for and why. Keep it real, WHAT WAS YOUR PRIMARY MOTIVATION FOR SUPPORTING RICKY HATTEN?
    Firstly Ricky Hatt'ON' is English and those "flags" you refer to are English!

Anyway NR is from Northern Ireland, a competely seperate county from the Republic of Ireland, where Ricky is incidentally not from anyway

As for why he supports him I can not answer but it's most likely because he has built a huge following in BRITAIN for being a down to earth, just one of the lads, peoples fighter.

People love Ricky over here, yes.......For one he is English or in NR's case British but a large reason is his humble persona, and general likeability!

I don't see what the fuck this has to do with "Mimi" at all
    Thanks for clearing that up lust. What a tool beatmaker is! I can't be arsed replying in detail because I've stated why I was supporting Hatton and it has nothing to do with skin colour. Hatton has a far more likable personality plus he's from UK so why the fuck would I support that dick Mayweather. If there races were reversed then of course I'd still support Hatton. Beatmaker how the fuck can you just come out and say that I'm only supporting Hatton because of his race, you're full of shit. You've obviously got some underlying race problems, sort yourself out man.